Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys i have GSXR 1000 . 2009 year .1700 mile on it . I never had suzuki before and dont know if engine works normal or not i hear somthing strange noise please listen to it and tell me is normal or somthing wrong happens.

Here link of audio
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1n7jv9JYgvN

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Sounds normal to me. Like we have already mentioned in your other thread,GSXR's are typically noisey if compared with other literbikes

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Like I said,yes it sounds normal. If you are concerned it's not normal,please by all means,pull the valve cover and check all the lash clearances. It's your bike.

If you don't trust the opinions of others then you need to do what you feel is best for you're bike.
Whats the overall condition of the bike?
Did you buy it new and have serviced it according to suggested intervals in the service manual?
When was the last time the valves where inspected? Where the clearances written down for each valve?

Answer these questions to yourself and decide if the bike needs mechanical attention. If it does,then do it no matter what people on the forum say.

Again,its your bike.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Just throwing it out there, if it got louder recently or just doesn't seem right to you, it couldn't hurt to check your header pipe bolts and spark plugs are tight, any tiny gaps there will let out a surprising amount of noise on most bikes. Had a loose spark plug on my FJ and the valve tap got incredibly loud.

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Had a loose spark plug on my FJ and the valve tap got incredibly loud.
Sounds like it was either arcing or the noise was due to pressure escaping past the loose plug

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Sounds like it was either arcing or the noise was due to pressure escaping past the loose plug
Darn, I had a video of it too but must have deleted it. The plug was practically jumping out of the engine.

I have noticed the distinct valve tap increase exponentially when the header pipes were a bit loose on other bikes, at least that's what I assumed it was, what makes you say it was arcing or pressure as opposed to escaping engine noise?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hello guys i have GSXR 1000 . 2009 year .1700 mile on it . I never had suzuki before and dont know if engine works normal or not i hear somthing strange noise please listen to it and tell me is normal or somthing wrong happens.
sounds exactly like my 2011 (same bike as yours). yeah they do sound pretty 'trucky', especially at idle when cold. nonetheless, it is hard to tell exactly the noise levels when its from a recording.

as noted by a member above, has the sound changed recently to become louder/rougher? otherwise what is the life and service history of the bike? (anything untoward or out of the ordinary?)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts