Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, im new to this forum and fairly new to MCs in general.

but anyway...

is anyone getting or have the straight black GSXR-1000 K5, or is it European only? I think it is the better looking color scheme in the line up.

[image]http://www.gixxer.com/uploads/GSXR1000K5_BLK0.JPG[image]

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
For the love of God, if you're new to bikes, STAY AWAY FROM THE LITER BIKES!
Since you're new, you probably don't know what a "liter bike" is. They are the 1000cc bikes that will kill an inexperienced rider like yourself.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For the love of God, if you're new to bikes, STAY AWAY FROM THE LITER BIKES!
Since you're new, you probably don't know what a "liter bike" is. They are the 1000cc bikes that will kill an inexperienced rider like yourself.
dude..... im not that new okay. calm down.

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
How much riding experience do you have?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
on the street none, not old enough. im kinda transferring over from dirtbikes and quads, which i have about 7 years of dirt experiance on. I know a bit about bikes from a booksmart point of view, not from actual riding experiance. im aiming for an sv650s sooner or latter. i dont see what this has to do with me liking the gixxer in black though....

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
The SV would be a good bike for you to start on, but I would recommend getting a smaller, cheaper bike to start on and get some street riding experience. I got upset because its is the time of year when stupid ass people who have never ridden a bike in their life, or ridden their friends once, go out and buy liter bikes. They crash, die or get hurt, which gives us a bad name and causes our insurance rates to go up. These are also the people that will go into a bike shop and pay what they dealer wants. Because of this, I can't get a deal anywhere in Houston.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh okay man. yeah i thought you were ready to get your buddies and start flaming me out of here. as far as first bikes i am looking at my options. a few guys on mcusa told me the sv650 would be to big, and i dont doubt them. Im not very impressed with any of the 500s tho. I have a bit of time to think about it though. I get really pissed at my friends or guys i hear in the hall who say their first bikes are going to be R1s and "Busas. sssssuuuuurrrreeee i say/

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
I'd say look at the Ninja 500 or the Suzuki GS500. Hell, maybe a Katana 600. Sorry for getting pissed, but this is the time of year that a lot of us get pissed.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah im lookin at my options. Anything i get can be handed right down to my bro since he is a year younger than me. so i think i could probably con him into helping me pay for things lol.

Do you know how i can attach that pic of the black gixxer? i put the link a bit up, but it got burried in our conversation. jw.

·
Registered
409 Posts
At 1st I wanted the EU/CA limited edition K5 but then after looking at a bunch of pics of it, I much rather one wth more then just one color..

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
The SV would be a good bike for you to start on, but I would recommend getting a smaller, cheaper bike to start on and get some street riding experience. I got upset because its is the time of year when stupid ass people who have never ridden a bike in their life, or ridden their friends once, go out and buy liter bikes. They crash, die or get hurt, which gives us a bad name and causes our insurance rates to go up. These are also the people that will go into a bike shop and pay what they dealer wants. Because of this, I can't get a deal anywhere in Houston.
I agree. The only teens that should be on 1000's are those with the last names Hayden or Spies.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I wouldn't buy a straight black bike either, i just love how it looks. But i wouldn't want to be hit by a caige driving soccer mom who cant see dark colors.......

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think the US is the only place that didn't take the full black color. What a stupid thing to do by Suzuki US. I've got the impression that many of you guys would like to buy that color. And because the US is such a big marketing place and eats so many new bikes that full black was last color what japs produce. I will get my LE in next month.

·
Registered
118 Posts
We always want what we cant have! LOL

1 - 19 of 19 Posts