Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Suzuki GSXR 750 06
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I have just repaired my STVA and when I reinstalled on the body, I checked the STPS and it was totally out of range, it was totally impossible to find 0.67V or similar with throttles totally closed, I had many values but none good, sometimes 0V and others 3V. I've checked it and with a screwdriver to ensure it works well, and from 90° it started to increase the values to almost 5V I think at the end. I have also tried to install it with valves totally open and closed.

First I thought was that I had installed the STVA in the opposite way, but in that case I guess that valves wouldn't open and with just 90° there is only one way.

Is there any specific method to install it?

I noticed that it is possible to block the position of the STPS fully turned with the screwdriver, does it have that any fonction?

I hope I have explained well...

Thank you.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
10,278 Posts
The Geek knows more about them than anyone. As I recall, the sensor is spring loaded and you have to be aware of that when you install it.

·
Registered
Suzuki GSXR 750 06
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did it following exaxtly that instructions. I tested the blue and black wires and I get 4.6k Ohms, which is good. Then I checked yellow and black with the STPS installed, with the throttles totally open there is no value (expected around 4k Ohms) and totally closed the value is about 3.6k Ohms (expected around 0.5k Ohms). The only way to obtain the expected results is outside and with a screwdriver. I think that the inner mechanism is bad, and unfortunately I have to take a new one because I won’t never set it in the right position…

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
14,784 Posts
No value could indicate a faulty sensor, but also could just be outside the range for your meter. I would recommend removing the sensor and eliminating the possibility it's not installed correctly.

·
Registered
Suzuki GSXR 750 06
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’ve already tested changing the range of the meter and no changes. The position has been also checked several times. I’m afraid that there is no more option that change it, I’ve tried everything. If I could install it turned around 45 degrees, I think it would work it, but I don’t find how.

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
14,784 Posts
It's not possible unfortunately. I guess it's good that you can buy a new sensor. They're just pricey for what they are. Suzuki part number: 13580-40F31

·
Registered
Suzuki GSXR 750 06
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello,

I have already solved the problem with a new one. The initial position in the old and the new were different, so that’s why it was impossible to find the right position.
Now, I’m going to try to solve the other failure I have, C22, which is being hard too to solve because I changed it with IAPS and I still have C22, so there is no problem with the sensor.

Thank you very much for helping me with C29 error.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts