Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day!

Thought I would pass this along to help all the peeps suffering with their C28, C29 crapiola.

The tool you need to complete your correct setup as per SUZUKI is: part number: 09900-28631 (DON'T BUY THIS ONE)

BUY the one from KAWASAKI with part number: 57001-1538, as it is the same tool but CHEAPER.

EG: Suzuki OEM = $82.00 U.S approximately

Kawasaki OEM = $27.00 U.S approximately

Attachments

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,844 Posts
I found mine on eBay for $15 brand new. I thought about offering it as a loan tool for the forum, but the cost of shipping there and back would have cost 2/3 of what I bought it for, so it made no sense.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,630 Posts
I just noticed this thread. There's a bunch of misinformation in it.

09900-28631 or it's predecessor 09900-286310 is for the TPS and C14 errors. It's a Yazaki connector and doesn't fit the STPS.

Suzuki doesn't offer a STPS test harness. That connector is by Sumitomo and has a different triangular body.

TheGeek's sewing needles are definitely the cheapest but can be a hassle to use. Soldering a 12" or so lead to the needle and attaching the multimeter to it helps.

You can make your own by buying the connectors and some tip jacks. The TPS harness connectors are CorsaTechnic's SSD-3P-1 and SSD-3S-1. The STPS connectors are their MT-3P-2 and MT-3S-2 (these connectors are also used in several other places on the bike). Tip jacks like the Johnson 105-0602-001 (red) work fine and come in several different colors. They also make a sleeved version 105-0702-001 but it's hard to find them in colors other than red or black. They're sold on ebay but IMO a better source is Mouser or Digikey. You'll also need some hook up wire and heat shrink tubing. Excluding shipping, the connectors run about $3 each and the tip jacks around $2 each.

Note: Everything here is correct for my K6 1000. Things could easily be different on other engines/years. Check the C14 and C29 sections of your service manual for pics of the connectors and compare them with the CorsaTechnic pics.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts