Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I stopped by Action Suzuki in Mesquite today, they had them in stock and did it right then and there. Took only a few minutes. They replaced both axle blocks and a new Axle nut.

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
13,375 Posts
Anyone work at a dealership and can let us know for certain what the kit includes and if any part of that kit are optional?

·
13,375 Posts
Believe it or not, my dealership screwed this up on my bike. Trying to get it straightened out, but they don't seem to care that they may have caused serious damage to my bike.

·
13,375 Posts
Hard to know. Kind of the point of my question. The chain is covered with that white grease that you see on new chains. I'm trying to determine what they did vs. what they were supposed to do. I'm almost wondering if they replaced the chain. The rear sprocket wasn't touched for sure.

I think I'm going to demand a new chain, spockets, a statement on their letterhead that they are responsible for this, and an extended warranty. I know that last part sounds like a stretch, but if you think about what kind of damage this can do, it might not be evident for quite some time.

I dunno. I keep going back and fourth in my head about it. Should I just correct the adjustment and keep an eye on it, or make a big stink over it? The bike only has 1275 miles on it. Certainly a hard pill to swallow.....

·
Registered
191 Posts
So guess I just need to call a Suzuki dealer (bought mine from private party) but I didn't take my bike in for new adjusters when I got the notice since it was in pieces mounting race glass, etc.

The notice says "If your motorcycle is included in the recall and you have paid for replacement of the drive chain adjuster(s)...you may be eligible for full or partial reimbursement." "An owner will not be eligible for reimbursement if the expenses for repairs are incurred more than 10 days after the date of the last owner notification letter..."

So in the meantime I replaced my blocks with Yosh ones because I wanted them over OEM anyway. Anyone know if Suzuki will stick to the 10 day thing? I'm wondering if I should go ahead and take in the OEM blocks (not currently installed) and swap for new ones just to have it documented for if/when I sell the bike that all recall work has been completed? I'm not reinstalling the OEM blocks on the bike.

·
13,375 Posts
Based on what they're doing, you'd be lucky to get $30 out of it. What's your time worth to chase it down?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think it's shameful that Suzuki excluded the right-side adjuster block from the recall. The 2015 750 at my dealer has a better block on both the left and right (see last pic). So apparently the original right-side block wasn't good enough for the new model, but it's good enough for those of us whose money Suzuki already has.

As somebody already mentioned, better to play it safe, so I decided to put on Yoshimura blocks after having the recall service done.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have a L4 1000 and i had this recall also. My kit included the axle nut and replacement block for the chain side only. Kinda lame they did not include the other side.
Had to have the dealer order mine and i just installed myself. I am liking those yosh adjuster block though!:punk

·
Registered
327 Posts
I had no idea about this for my 2009. This is the 3rd recall now. First the kickstand switch then the master cylinder now the axle blocks. I need to get a call into motomummy for a brembo Mc upgrade and the yosh axle blocks.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
About this Discussion
34 Replies
23 Participants
v6stanger
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing