Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to remember you guys giving some member on her considerable flack over his damaged left chain adjuster with bolt smashed into block. Appears some crow might be eaten. I will post picture of bulletin shortly. You heard it here first.

·
Registered
52 Posts
So what is exactly the deal with this, should I just stop riding mine until this gets sorted, LOL going to take a look at my bike after posting this.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Thanks for this. Is anybody else besides me curious on why the 600's weren't included? Not enough torque to do this?

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
So whats the fix or replacement for this recall? So far I had no issues with the adjusters. Maybe if there is some slack left when adjusting chain, you could have some issues. Anyone using aftermarket chain adjusters with positive advice? I did replace the standard axel blocks to Yoshimura blocks which helped chain adjusting, alittle closer tolerances.

·
Registered
101 Posts
So whats the fix or replacement for this recall? So far I had no issues with the adjusters. Maybe if there is some slack left when adjusting chain, you could have some issues. Anyone using aftermarket chain adjusters with positive advice? I did replace the standard axel blocks to Yoshimura blocks which helped chain adjusting, alittle closer tolerances.
It's probably going to be new axle blocks, from what I have seen in the picture. Read the threads that Samantha posted to see what the problem was. You will be good with the Yoshimura blocks as they are pretty beefy. One thing I remember when they did the Master Cylinder recall was that if you had previously changed out your master cylinder for a better piece you could put in for reimbursement as long as you did it before recall notices went out. According to the NHSTA "Vehicle manufacturers are required to reimburse owners for costs incurred to remedy a defect based on either (1) the date NHTSA opens its Engineering Analysis, or (2) one year prior to the manufacturer’s notification of a defect to NHTSA, whichever is earlier." More or less you should dig up that old receipt for those Yoshimura blocks.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
I doubt Suzuki will give me money for putting a Brembo MC on the bike but I never heard or tried to do it. As far as the chain adjuster issue, just asking to see if its the bolt adjuster or the axel block that's weak.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I doubt Suzuki will give me money for putting a Brembo MC on the bike but I never heard or tried to do it. As far as the chain adjuster issue, just asking to see if its the bolt adjuster or the axel block that's weak.
Legally they are only required to reimburse up to the amount that it would cost to get it fixed the way they wanted it fixed (meaning the cost of their master cylinder including supplies and labor). I didn't save my receipt from my 19RCS so I missed out on my last bike and my new bike came with the new master cylinder so I had to eat the cost on this one too. You probably wouldn't get a full reimbursement for a Brembo but a partial instead. From the master cylinder recall notice (on the last page).

"Customer reimbursement for prior front brake master cylinder replacement:
If your motorcycle is included in the recall and you have paid for replacement of the front brake master cylinder or other
repairs to address the defect that led to this recall, you may be eligible for full or partial reimbursement. To request
reimbursement for a previous repair, contact your Suzuki dealer."

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm just going to replace mine with the yoshi version, the local Suzuki dealer isn't touching my bike and at the same time a new Ohlins TTX GP shock is going in :) For no other reason than bling lol.

·
Registered
43 Posts
So the place I bought my bike from actually called me to schedule an appointment to do my recall just the other day. Thats how i first heard about it.
I'm surprised more dealers aren't calling people, because they get paid by Suzuki for doing the recalls.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
About this Discussion
34 Replies
23 Participants
v6stanger
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing