Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

41 - 60 of 441 Posts

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,509 Posts
Re: Stop Sale & Delivery New/Used GSXR's!!!

Thanks Chris!!

Now get them to do something about the r/r and the C46 code (SET Valve). I know I am dreaming here, but who hasn't run into this problem with the K6 and K7s?
me, lol.

·
Fragile Little Flower of Texan Femininity
98,059 Posts

Great info Chris thanks!!!
Im probably shit outta luck with my 05 though...there is NO way in hell Im leaving that bike at ANY dealer...I can just see the 20something service tech's eyes light up when a turbo 1000 comes in rolling thru the door for a MC change:banghead
I've asked my dealer with previous recalls if they will give me the part so I can do the install yself and I got "the look" and a firm NO! in reply.
should be able to watch them do the work. tell them you'll wait.

·
Deceptively fast Bob...
20,170 Posts

Thanks for the info!

there is NO way in hell Im leaving that bike at ANY dealer...I can just see the 20something service tech's eyes light up when a turbo 1000 comes in rolling thru the door for a MC change:banghead
I've asked my dealer with previous recalls if they will give me the part so I can do the install yself and I got "the look" and a firm NO! in reply.
:stupid No way bike bike is going to the dealer again. I will buy another master before I let those handjobs touch it.

Well, this should be music to the ears of all the guys who say they can't properly bleed their brakes, and that GSXR brakes suck :)
Funny that I can bleed the OEM master on my 08 1000 no problem and have a solid lever, but the travel on the Brembo RCS on the race bike is ridiculous and almost scary.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts

Just hit somewhere around 85-90k on my 05 gsxr on the stock master cylinder.

I have always felt like it weird be spongier at times then others. And almost always after a fresh bleed did it feel the best, then all it takes is a good day time and that feeling disappears.

As far as the comment on the QUALITY of suzuki builds, I can attest.

I came from a 2001 gsxr 750 and put 25k miles on it before it was stolen, learned on it, dropped many times, misshifts galor.. and then I bought my o5 750. With in 1400 miles the transmission "fell apart" and jammed my 6th gear. When I brought the bike in it took suzuki 3 months to give me an answer. And guess what it was? Rider error. The teeth had BROKEN off the transmission, but yet, it was my fault. I had the tranmission replaced. AND BROKE AGAIN THE EXACT SAME WAY AND PLACE 400 miles later. Again, suzuki would not replace. I bought a 01-03 gsxr 600 transmission that I installed myself with a friends help and have put over 80,000 miles on it. WITH OUT A SINGLE PROBLEM.

Fuck suzuki. I will never buy anything from that company ever. EVER.

·
Registered
337 Posts

So any info on what they will be replacing the master cylinder with? Ie. same master with proper "coating" or will it be a revised master cylinder?

·
Premium Member
546 Posts

Great info Chris thanks!!!
Im probably shit outta luck with my 05 though...there is NO way in hell Im leaving that bike at ANY dealer...I can just see the 20something service tech's eyes light up when a turbo 1000 comes in rolling thru the door for a MC change:banghead
same here...my girl has never seen the dealer for repairs and never will

·
I make movies!
599 Posts

Screw this noise, I'm not going to have the dealer replace a POS MC with another POS MC... I'm ordering a Brembo next week!

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts

Wonder if the Kawasaki's that use the exact same nissin mc are recalled as well.

Fwiw literally every "shitty Suzuki Mc" I've ever worked on I have been able to get a firm lever on it. This recall would cause issues over time. If you can't get a firm mc initially and keep it all day at least , I is probably you not the mc

·
Registered
22 Posts

I know that my K4 needed a good bleeding after just a couple of track days at an L1 pace with fresh RBF600 brake fluid.

·
AKA Pee Wee Herman
6,091 Posts

Where do you think I got it from? I am the GM of a Suzuki dealership, among other things....
Chris, I got a question for you. I have an 07 600 that I assume is affected by the recall. Problem is, it's a track bike, not registered or insured and I have not yet transferred the title over to my name. I am in contact with the previous owner, but can I trailer the bike to the dealer and have the work done? I just want them to replace the part and I will take care of it properly when I get it home.

·
Frame Slider Tester
1,873 Posts

Chris, I got a question for you. I have an 07 600 that I assume is affected by the recall. Problem is, it's a track bike, not registered or insured and I have not yet transferred the title over to my name. I am in contact with the previous owner, but can I trailer the bike to the dealer and have the work done? I just want them to replace the part and I will take care of it properly when I get it home.
I can understand why you haven't registered or insured the bike if its a dedicated track bike but why haven't you transferred ownership? If it gets stolen and then recovered you cant even claim it from the impound. And as far as I know most states consider "failure to transfer a title" a misdemeanor. If you got it a few days ago I totally understand but you should take care of the paperwork.

·
AKA Pee Wee Herman
6,091 Posts

I can understand why you haven't registered or insured the bike if its a dedicated track bike but why haven't you transferred ownership? If it gets stolen and then recovered you cant even claim it from the impound. And as far as I know most states consider "failure to transfer a title" a misdemeanor. If you got it a few days ago I totally understand but you should take care of the paperwork.
I know, it has just continually slipped my mind. I have the title signed, just not in my name. I also know the previous owner.

I never thought about it being against the law to not register a bike, I am pretty sure its not a misdemeanor in NJ but I will look into it.

·
Premium Member
11,213 Posts

Suzuki doesn't care who owns bikes, and we as a dealership certainly don't verify state of title upon receivership of said bike for warranty or recall work.
It's simply based on vin number. Either it falls within a specified range or it doesn't, that's it, ownership is irrelevant.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
AKA Pee Wee Herman
6,091 Posts

Suzuki doesn't care who owns bikes, and we as a dealership certainly don't verify state of title upon receivership of said bike for warranty or recall work.
It's simply based on vin number. Either it falls within a specified range or it doesn't, that's it, ownership is irrelevant.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Sweet thanks. So do you have the break points of the VINs that are in the recall?

·
Registered
229 Posts

So i can take my bike back to where i bought it? Or i have to go to suzuki themselves? Dont think i have seen one around here

41 - 60 of 441 Posts
About this Discussion
440 Replies
126 Participants
BillV
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing