Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 40 of 441 Posts

·
Mad Scientist
354 Posts
Re: Stop Sale & Delivery New/Used GSXR's!!!

Shit, I've got to get in touch with the guy who stole my K7 600. I bet he doesn't know about this.

( I don't get credit for that one. It was the wife's quality wit at work. )

Seriously, it's nice to have access to this level of info. Just another perk of this site.

·
Both Handsome AND Pretty!
19,104 Posts

Look guys it's legit, I have never lied to you. More information will be available soon, week of the 28th, with parts Nov 4th.
Your dealers may not know about it yet, some just are not in the loop, slow down, breathe, it's not like your brakes are going to suddenly fail tonight.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
How can I get mine fixed tonight!!!! :cursing

Thanks for posting that, that looks to be a hell of a big recall!

·
Registered
2,272 Posts

Exactly. Ive chalked up the MC on my K5 as to simply needing a rebuild because it is old&constantly spongy....BUT,the master on my L3 is the same. It came from the dealer spongy,I bled em 2x in 400mi and its right back to being spongy. Suzuki can do better:(
kinda makes me think about this article:
http://armyofdarkness.com/index.php/2002/92-suzuki-quality
that's one of RRW writers/staffs. looks like suzuki decided quality is secondary somewhere around y2k.

·
Banned
29,644 Posts

Look guys it's legit, I have never lied to you. More information will be available soon, week of the 28th, with parts Nov 4th.
Your dealers may not know about it yet, some just are not in the loop, slow down, breathe, it's not like your brakes are going to suddenly fail tonight.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

:stupid

If ccmhunt told me that the factory GSXR had M&M's hiding in the frame, I'd believe the dude. He's THAT trustworthy :fact

·
Frame Slider Tester
1,873 Posts

Pain or peanut?

·
Banned
29,644 Posts

either.

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,509 Posts

·
Banned
29,644 Posts

I wonder what kind of oil they were using? Seems like some of those issues might have been lubricant related :dunno

·
Registered
229 Posts

Thanks for the heads up thought my l3 750 brakes didnt grab as hard as my l3 600 brakes

·
Chubby Chaser
57,804 Posts

Well, this should be music to the ears of all the guys who say they can't properly bleed their brakes, and that GSXR brakes suck :)

·
Registered
251 Posts

Thanks Chris!!

Now get them to do something about the r/r and the C46 code (SET Valve). I know I am dreaming here, but who hasn't run into this problem with the K6 and K7s?

21 - 40 of 441 Posts
About this Discussion
440 Replies
126 Participants
BillV
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing