Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K so I rang chain gang on friday as I need sprockets for my 929 and the guy was a total tool.I said I want 56/55 rear stock front and a mid range o ring chain he starts going on and on and on about how I need a $400 chain and I also need to drop a tooth on the front if I want to learn how to do slow wheelies.I tell him that I dont need a $400 chain as the last DID O ring is still going well and cost me $186 that I can do slow wheelies and -1 on the front wont meen jack sheit on the long run at this point he cuts me off by telling me all the "pros" over here use his gear so "I think I would know a bit more than you mate" Now I am thinking to myself "wot a fu(king retard all I wanted to do is order my shit pay for it and be off" and now I have this d!ckhead (Simon) telling me I dont know wot I am talking about and need to listen to his "advice" on how to set up my bike.So I more or less just said yeah ok mate whatever maybe I will call you back.(no way in hell is this going to happen)
If he just shut the hell up he would of got my cash but nope he had to shoot his mouth off and it looks like on monday I will be back to John Titman Raceing to oder my gears
P.S if any of you know him feel free to forward his this post or just the last part so next time a guy calls up and asks for gears
NOT to assume he dose not know what he is talking about and just maybe shut the hell up and take the $$$.
Sorry for the rant I just get pissed when all I want to do is buy something and go but the dickhead selling it to me wont let me
do it. Bang Head

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Nah, people like that are too arrogant to ever realise that. Just ask Wayne Gardner, actually, no. He hasn't realised it either.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
I hear ya bro. Especially when he says "all the Pro's" Considering that all the pros in Australia except for Matt Mingay run stock or only a few teeth up on the rear!!
Even Matt is only occasionally working on his slow stuff but still doing most shows in stock form. Hmm I wonder then where this expert advice has been derived. Robbie Boldger maybe? hehehehe.
I wouldn't bother with those guys anyway especially when for the cost of their gears and even a cheap chain comes to more then ordering through here:
http://www.thrustcompany.com/

Plus comparing the sprockets from chain gang to Thrust (Ben runs CG gear) The thrust shit looks 10 times better.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Boxer got it sorted for me today pete so this sunday its CRASH'IN TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YA HOO i cant wait.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am only going to get an hrs or two in late arvo as I have my lill Bros B/day but will try and post a pic or two pete

·
Registered
65 Posts
Sorry to bring up the dead but i called the other day asking for a 520 conversion for my 750 with -1 front and +2 rear in a coloured chain and sprocket and he said a similar thing to what uncle got.
" Nah you can't have that chain with those sprockets, you gotta use a $300 did chain with these sprockets otherwise you will tear up the teeth" and so on.
He also proceded to tell me that stock chain and sprockets are only meant to last 20k, the 520 conv with 'cheap' (not theirs) sprockets will only get 8-10k but with their gear ($300 chain ect) you will 25k plus.
So tell me this, why is it that AFAM have a lifetime warranty on their sprockets and the CG don't and charge more???
I think these brothers need to shut their mouth and take peeps money if they wanna stay in buisness.

My rant for the day is over now!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I've bought gear off them a couple of times ages ago, but for dirt bikes. Their rear sprockets were a realy good product (were extra hardened steel), lasted for bloody ages with minimal wear
.Never bought front sprockets off them but, as they were just standard ones (not hardened)
. You could buy a complete chain/sprocket set off them, but it was cheaper to just buy a hardened rear sprocket from them, them buy chain/ front sprocket of your choice from bike shop.
Don't know if their roady parts are the same, but would pay to ask them and save yourself some coin!
Never had hastles with them over phone, but that was a couple of years ago. May be different staff there now
P.S. Merry X-mas to everyone! And ride Safe over the hollidays!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts