Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
yeah most racers like to use them better...its not abrasive like those sand paper like materital others have been using before.. teh stomp grips are soft and they do have that controable feeling when leaning over holding you tank with your knees. they just recently updated their websites. good stuff

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Lockhart Phillips sells Stompgrip I think cheaper than from the company. The stuff is the shit.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I had it but pulled it off. It works very well but I think too well! It gives unbeleivable grip at lean angle. Once you have leaned over your leg is stuck hard to the tank, but if you are not in quite the right position you cannot move/slide any further or get into a more comfortable postion until you are upright again! I thought on the balance I was better without it.

MP

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
I was talking to a friend of mine who worked for attack,he told me they were using rubberized foam with 3m adhesive on the back cut to shape..It keeps the area soft for griping and good manuvering around the bike...Im gonna try that 1st and if that doesnt work ill try this...Thanks for the link..

·
Registered
70 Posts
I personally think the stomp grip is hidious! I took some skateboard grip tape and rubbed it against each other until the harsh abrasivness was gone, it stil grips but not so much that it rips your leathers.

·
4-gear fast guy
258 Posts
I've been using them on my R1 race bike for some time now. love them. You quickly forget they're there but you can sure feel the grip they provide. Money well spent, IMO, if you're a racer or track day rider.

I now have a set ready to slap on my new '05 Gixxer 1K race bike. I've gotten mine from Whitebuffaloracing.com. They have them cut to size for each specific model.

Prior to Stomp updating their website, you could only get the material in sheets for sportbikes and you would have to cut them to size yourself. I haven't looked at the new site. Perhaps now they sell them cut for specific sportbike models.

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
I got the Second Look tank bra ... looks great!! Matches the paint scheme. Plenty'o grip too.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
I got the Second Look tank bra ... looks great!! Matches the paint scheme. Plenty'o grip too.
actually those stuff will make your paint look dull in the long run if you have that long enough. when ever debris get inside you you tend to rub the bra against the tank= abrasion.
thats what happen to my buddies bike...what i saw is what i type

just my 2 cents

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
^^ I am looking at getting some Stompgrips myself. Id like some more feedback.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts