Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BOUT 4 MONTHS AGO AT A MALL PARKING LOT, MY ALL BLACK GSX R 600 WAS STOLEN. SUX TO BE PAYING ON SOMETHING YOU DON'T OWN ANYMORE !!!!! HOUSTON,TX ANY INFO ON IT WILL HELP...THANX....WELL IT LOOKED LIKE A 6, BUT I SWAPPED OUT MOTORS AND PUT THE 750... I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IF ANYBODY IS THINKING ABOUT IT. WORKS LIKE A CHAMP ! MAN I MISS THAT BIKE. !!

·
Registered
155 Posts
only liability.
DAMN! that sucks real bad. sorry to hear. full coverage is a must.
that is my biggest fear, my baby bieng taken from me like that. I wish some people would stop bieng pricks. but that is greed and envy first hand! good luck!

·
Banned
952 Posts
i live in houston, and have only one question...........

why the hell would you leave it parked in a mall parking lot? thats foolish around here. at least chain it to something.

anyway, good luck. i hope you get it back.

·
Registered
302 Posts

why the hell would you leave it parked in a mall parking lot? thats foolish around here. at least chain it to something.

i agree, thats just asking for attention if you ask me. sorry for your loss though.

·
Registered
303 Posts

well,when thats your ONLY ride its kinda difficult to not take it. which it WAS his only ride.
the same with me rite now,my only ride too. but dont worry lil d',some thing will come up.just like you told me bout the other that was found.

·
Banned
952 Posts

well,when thats your ONLY ride its kinda difficult to not take it. which it WAS his only ride.
the same with me rite now,my only ride too. but dont worry lil d',some thing will come up.just like you told me bout the other that was found.
whether its your ONLY ride or not, that still doesnt explain why it was just left sitting, UNCHAINED to anything, at a freakin mall, in one of the worst cities for bike theft in the country. a 5 foot kryptonite cable and master-lock costs maybe 10 bucks total, and fits easily in the rear cowl compartment, and i know theres about a million immovable things you can chain a bike to in a mall parking lot.

nothing is foolproof, but it sounds like this dude didnt even try. simply chaining your bike to something will deter most thieves looking for a quick and easy steal.

·
Registered
670 Posts
You cant blame the guy. Who would want their bike to be stolen? Well, if he left it overnight in the parking lot then that is a totally stupid move. But if he just parked it to go buy some clothes and come back out, that is understandable. I dont always lock my bike when I ride it to the mall. I just make sure I put the disc lock on and activate my alarm. And I disagree on the comment that "there are a million things to lock it to." Most of the poles at the malls where I live are Handicap signs, which you are not allowed to park there. What would you expect him to lock it to? Another car? lol. He got his bike stolen so we should just help him get through it not by implying that he is stupid.

·
Banned
952 Posts
You cant blame the guy. Who would want their bike to be stolen? Well, if he left it overnight in the parking lot then that is a totally stupid move. But if he just parked it to go buy some clothes and come back out, that is understandable. I dont always lock my bike when I ride it to the mall. I just make sure I put the disc lock on and activate my alarm. And I disagree on the comment that "there are a million things to lock it to." Most of the poles at the malls where I live are Handicap signs, which you are not allowed to park there. What would you expect him to lock it to? Another car? lol. He got his bike stolen so we should just help him get through it not by implying that he is stupid.
i live in the same city as this guy. i know what the mall parking lots are like. and, it is STUPID to just leave your bike unattended, in this city, at a mall parking lot. its just that simple. everyone around here knows that bike theft is a major problem in this city. if homeboy didnt know before, he knows now. im sorry this happened to him, or anyone else, but in thi scase, its totally his own fault. you can blow all the sunshine you want up his ass. im gonna be realistic about it, and maybe it wil sink in to someone else that its no big deal to chain your bike to an inanimate object. it takes ten seconds for 2 guys to throw a bike in the back of a truck. nothing is foolproof, but a simple 10 dollar cable and lock will thwart most thieves that are looking for a quicky. whats so hard to understand abou tthat? i get really sick of reading "my bike was stolen" threads only to find out the owner did nothing to protect their property.

·
Banned
952 Posts
The thing he should feel stupid about, if anything, is not having full coverage.
that too.

which further strengthens my point. dude had no insurance, and left his bike in a mall parking lot unsecured for anyone to steal.

·
PM me for Brotection
57,513 Posts
I tend to lock my bike up like Pee-Wee Herman anytime I can. I wish more places would have stuff to lock it to. The bike parking lot at school should really have some anchor points.

·
Registered
670 Posts
i live in the same city as this guy. i know what the mall parking lots are like. and, it is STUPID to just leave your bike unattended, in this city, at a mall parking lot. its just that simple. everyone around here knows that bike theft is a major problem in this city. if homeboy didnt know before, he knows now. im sorry this happened to him, or anyone else, but in thi scase, its totally his own fault. you can blow all the sunshine you want up his ass. im gonna be realistic about it, and maybe it wil sink in to someone else that its no big deal to chain your bike to an inanimate object. it takes ten seconds for 2 guys to throw a bike in the back of a truck. nothing is foolproof, but a simple 10 dollar cable and lock will thwart most thieves that are looking for a quicky. whats so hard to understand abou tthat? i get really sick of reading "my bike was stolen" threads only to find out the owner did nothing to protect their property.
Bikes are always going to get stolen no matter what. You read posts on here from members that had their bike stolen from their LOCKED garage and GATED communities! This has been stated many times before, if a thief wants it, you cant stop him. All i said was that sometimes, there isn't anything to chain your bike to. I didn't say that he should have just left the bike so helplessly the way he did. At least have a chain around the rims or a xena disc lock. Which probably wont help for shit but at least it's something. That is the minimum effort I put in everytime. Honestly, he probably would not feel as stupid if he had full coverage. Im not trying to kiss any ones ass. Im just trying to give him the benefit of the doubt that there was nothing to chain his bike to. If there was available sources, like some sort of anchor, then I will be the first to call him stupid.

·
Registered
209 Posts
GSXR750-GL:

What type of precautions do you exercise in Houston? I do not like there but I work there. I am aware of how often bikes are stolen and I probaly am a little too paranoid but I figure why take chances? When I visited fry's, I parked the ride next to the other bikes, which were parked at the front of the store on the side walk.
Leaving it far out of view is asking for trouble, I agree.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts