Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i was working today and my bike was stolen literally 10 ft away from me... i work in monmouth county and parked my bike next to my co-workers bike. It was a busy street right in front of the hospital and i work literally 10 feet away from the street. I walked out to check on it (which i normally do every 2 hours or so) and it was gone!!! As i was in a state of panic someone asked if i had my bike stolen because she saw two guys putting a motorcycle into a white van 30 minutes ago. why do you not report two guys picking up a bike and placing it into a van? idk but then she says that a taxi driver actually stopped and asked them if they need help... What is wrong with these people??? I called the police and it seemed like they really didn't give a damn.... Lesson learned .... Never leave your bike out anywhere .... FML if anyone sees a black 2011 gsxr 1000 with a full akra exhaust in monmouth county please notify local police :/ cuz it might be mine

·
Colonel H. Stinkmeaner
5,277 Posts
Wow, sorry that happened. So much fucked up shit in that story. From the girl who watched them steal it, didn't get the plates nor did she call the cops. To the cab driver that helped them load it into a van. What a bunch of dumbass's.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
I'm sorry to hear man. That's total bull. I know how you feel. Similar occurrence happened to me. We can start an anti thieves gun committee if your in. I have since my situation. But now they don't want to play:dunno

·
Nittany Lion
4,277 Posts
Wow. " So you think it's safe to leave your bike unattended on a public street ? " " The next thing you'll find is it being lifted into a van and taken down to the river. "

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm def in for the anti theft club... Worse thing is that my reg and insurance cards were in the back seat so they know where I live... Anyone ever get their bike back ?? In good shape??

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Sorry to hear about the theft. I hate thieves, they should have their fingers smashed flat with a hammer, then their legs and arms amputated

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
:lmao not enough...
You're right, it's not. I'd keep them chained to a chair for daily torture. I've always wanted to use wirecutters on the webbing between fingers and earlobes.

Here's a vid showing how easy it is if you don't use a van, looks like an alarm might help in most situations:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you all for your concern.... Im depressed and think I need therapy sessions haha.... I contacted hospital security and all they did was take a report to cover their ass.... They said they will go through the security cameras but believe that the cameras are too far away from where my bike was parked.... Do you guys think that I would have my bike back if I had lowjack??

·
Good dude to deal with
870 Posts
I feel for ya man...Can you post a picture of it? I know it might be a futile effort at this time, but it's probably worth the chance.

Also, Since you know the approximate time that it was stolen, I'll bet one of the cameras in the system has a video of the van on it.
I'd bring donuts and coffee to the hospital security guys and ask them to check all the video feeds around that time for a van.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I feel for ya man...Can you post a picture of it? I know it might be a futile effort at this time, but it's probably worth the chance.

Also, Since you know the approximate time that it was stolen, I'll bet one of the cameras in the system has a video of the van on it.
I'd bring donuts and coffee to the hospital security guys and ask them to check all the video feeds around that time for a van.
Haha I'd be surprised if they actually new how to operate their camera system... But here's the most recent pic ....

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
Good looking bike. My bike was recovered, but I already had the insurance check and already bought a replacement. I did not have the heart to go to the impound lot and look at her.. I just wanted to remember how she was... Expect NOT to get a check for what she is actually worth, but ask for more than one estimate from your insurance,, it may help. I got a couple hundred more than what they originally offered.

·
Registered
202 Posts
thats pretty shitty.
the thing is though, if you turn up in broad daylight, take your time and act casual, nobody will question what you are doing.

lesson for the future, install a gps locator on the bike somewhere, you can ring or message it, and it responds with exact gps co-ordinates. it has its own battery too so even if the bike has started to be dismantled, youll still get a location for up to 4 days.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Good looking bike. My bike was recovered, but I already had the insurance check and already bought a replacement. I did not have the heart to go to the impound lot and look at her.. I just wanted to remember how she was... Expect NOT to get a check for what she is actually worth, but ask for more than one estimate from your insurance,, it may help. I got a couple hundred more than what they originally offered.
I was wondering what kind of bike to get next ? Idk if I can get the same bike... Too many memories :/ and I put so much work into that one .... So when they give me and estimate I should just ask if they can give me another one ?

thats pretty shitty.
the thing is though, if you turn up in broad daylight, take your time and act casual, nobody will question what you are doing.

lesson for the future, install a gps locator on the bike somewhere, you can ring or message it, and it responds with exact gps co-ordinates. it has its own battery too so even if the bike has started to be dismantled, youll still get a location for up to 4 days.
Does lo jack have gps location on it ? Or is it just a beacon that you hVe to search for the signal... Someone told me that not every police department has the equipment to find lo jack ...

1 - 20 of 62 Posts