Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still got the stock tires on my 04 gsx-r 600. Im starting to get alot better and more agressive at riding. I get much more low then I have ever been. How good are the stock tires?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
The stock tires are Dunlop 218's - you can't even buy them. Personally I think they're garbage & I hate them.

I rode with Metzeler Sportec M-1's on my 750 last year, and I'm getting them again for my 600 this year. I saw a tire review which rated these 2nd best tires over a group of other very commonly used tires. The #1's were the Pirelli Diablos apparently - never ran those though so I don't know if they're really that good.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Pirelli Diablo's!!!!!!! What a difference! I've heard good things about the pilots, but I'll never complain about these diablo's.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Piolit powers will be in the future. I just dont have the cash for them right now. I wna now how low and crazy I can get on the stockers.?

·
Registered
565 Posts
I bought my 600 for track use only. It came with the 218's. They are hands down the worst tire I've ever experienced. I wouldn't even dream of taking them on the track. They felt like an accident waiting to happen.

·
Registered
188 Posts
see, thats the problem. If the thread starter was a track star, he wouldnt even be asking this question.
Just going by this thread and so forth, i can tell the experience level isnt up there. which is fine. Hence why i said what i said.

Depending on the miles on those 218s, i would say run with them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.