Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone tell me the stock susp. settings for a '99 gixxer 750? or can u give me a good place to start for a rider that weights 130+- lbs. my girlfriend needs help setting her susp. up. any help would be great

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
as luck would have it, the std settings are aimed more at that wieght i think

but front :

front preload = 3 1/2 ring showing
rebound (top) = 1 1/4 turns out
comp (bottom) = 1 3/8 turns out

rear :

preload = (i think)180mm spring lenght
comp (top) = 1 3/8 out
rebound = 1 3/8 out

what could be done though, is turning that lot out another quater or half a turn and go from there, stiffen as necessary.

the preload settings should be adjusted to the rider, so the forks travel (sag) about a third into their travel with the rider sitting on the bike geared up.

check out the search feature on this and the mods forums for tons of info.

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
You can not set preload by the book.. You need to set the sag at 30mm... How tall is she???

John

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Originally posted by smoke1:
she is 5'4" and 130lbs 38-30-34
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hummmm Well I will help you out more once you get some pics of her up here....

Ok, since she is kinda on the short side, I would look into cutting some seat foam out so she can reach the ground better.

You would want to set her sag at like 30mm, and if she has a hard time reaching the ground, and is willing to give up some of the HARD full lean riding, drop the sag to 35mm. That would be front and rear. Then if she wants the bike to turn in a bit faster, move the forks up in the triple clamps about 5mm.

Set all the valves at the factory recomended settings for normal riding and see how she likes it.

John

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey thanks for the help. i will talk to her and see if she will post a pic with her bike. she is pretty easy going. so i don't see a problem. we have posted her bike before. it is just like the one todd colbert used to ride. (the one in the judgment day video.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts