Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got home from a ride the other day and woke up in the morning to ride (beautiful friggen day!) and found that the rear tire was completely flat.
After some inspection I found an inch long gash in the middle of the tire! I dont know how this happened, could it have been caused by a rock in the road?? I didnt run over anything that could have caused it and if I did, it should have been flat while I was riding it. I was just wondering if anyone has had a problem with the stock tires getting punctures, gashes, leaks....etc? The bike is a K5 gsxr-600. Im pretty sure that im gonna get a pilot power for the back now that i have to get it replaced.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Any tire can get a puncture or gash. Anything could have caused it....and it didn't go flat right away cause it was a slow leak. I had the same thing happen last summer only a nail had given me a slow leak and I was fotunate enough that I had enough psi's left to stop at my wife's dealership to fill it back up with and get home.

Look up Mike from Heatwave...he can hook you up for $225 shipped for a set of the PP's.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Sounds like you have been sabotaged my man. Some jealous fu*ker has gone and stabbed your shit with a blade. Hunt them down and give them an eye for an eye!!

Seriously, that sucks dude
. Never heard of this problem before. Just bad luck. Not too sure on running the stock front with a Pilot rear. Some would say they are too different in characteristics to mix, I have no first hand knowledge of this though.

·
Is Sexually Attracted To The Guys on GDC
21,546 Posts
Yeah pretty sure 225 won't get you a set of PP but just one. Either way now is as good a time as any to go ahead and jump into some superb tires and the PP's are just that.
oh no
apparently you do know know of Mike from heatwave cycles. do some searching, he sells them for 225 shipped

·
Is Sexually Attracted To The Guys on GDC
21,546 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I know that no one stabbed my tire, it was parked at my dads in a locked garage all night in the country, and there were no signs of break into the garage. Also, I filled the tire up with air and it was flat in about 2 minutes, so if it was like that on the road it would have been flat quick. I dont know what to think about it, maybe there was somthing in the driveway that i ran over? Oh well, I guess I will just have to get a new one, cause this "not riding when I have a new bike to ride" shit is not cool.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yeah pretty sure 225 won't get you a set of PP but just one. Either way now is as good a time as any to go ahead and jump into some superb tires and the PP's are just that.
You're pretty wrong. PP's for $225 shipped.
Midge and Jimmy I do know of Mike from heatwave and did do some searching.......i do not disagree that you can get 1 tire for 225 which is a hell of a deal but in midges first post if you go back and look a little closer he quoted 225 for a "set" of PP which if i'm not reading wrong means 2??? Maybe i'm wrong i'm new here but you tell me..........

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
A 120 and a 180 will run you $225 shipped from Mike at Heatwave!!!!

So that would be $225 shipped for a pair!

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Midge and Jimmy I do know of Mike from heatwave and did do some searching.......i do not disagree that you can get 1 tire for 225 which is a hell of a deal but in midges first post if you go back and look a little closer he quoted 225 for a "set" of PP which if i'm not reading wrong means 2??? Maybe i'm wrong i'm new here but you tell me..........
Did you click on the link I provided? 120 is the front - 180 is the rear....thus forming a set...$225 shipped.

And if you're paying $225 for just the rear...that is not a hell of a deal....unless you're into receiving anal.

·
Registered
9,633 Posts
Did you click on the link I provided? 120 is the front - 180 is the rear....thus forming a set...$225 shipped.

And if you're paying $225 for just the rear...that is not a hell of a deal....unless you're into receiving anal.

He said anal......
You won't beat mike's prices
Shipping is lightning fast as well
I have bought 5 tires from him in the past 3 months
Hands down best deal
He gets the big

From most

·
Registered
91 Posts

My hat off to Midge as I am completely wrong! Kow Tow to you and now on to ordering some tires!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.