Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for information on how to Modifiy my stock exhaust on my K5. I read the thread on the K3's and K4's. But just seeing if anyone has done anything like this to the K5 can. Also, does the K5 have a "SET" valve, and if so how do you take it out, and what are the pro's and con's for doing so?

·
Registered
193 Posts
I removed the set on my k5. Look back a few days for "F1 light on after SET removal" Some fellow gixxer owner posted a sheet from Yoshimura on how to remove the wire from the ecu. There seems to be a little more drown at lower rpms, but not a hole lot. Power wise you wont notice any differance.

Lewis

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what do you mean by "drown at lower rpms". Will it sound different when i take off the SET valve. How do I do this operation?

·
Registered
193 Posts
The set is closed at lower rpms, causing the exhaust to be quiter. The set is a buterfly valve in the exhust. Its not a easy task for someone with no mech skills, but it could be done.
Look back a few days to a week or so and youll find all the info you need.

Lewis

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm trying to see if anyone has some instructions on cutting down the stock can or making it louder? I have seen the "chunky" can and want to know EXACTLY how to do it, or a way to just make my can louder until i get my pipe in.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts