Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i cannot find a damn site that has the specs arrgggg!!! someone tell me please arrgggg!!!!

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
for 49-state version , it's somewhere in the area of 92 to 96 rwhp... deduct about 8 rwhp for CA bikes.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks man
that info is hard to find

·
Registered
328 Posts
not bad, my 95 zx6r has 92 with a full muzzy pipe, k&n air filter, nology hotwires, ignition advancer and milled head.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
after the dyno mine has 106.7
with a full rs3, stage two jet kit,pair mod and K&N filter

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hey Iroc Gixxer I have a 86 Iroz-z in the exact same color, love the car dude. You do anything to it motor wise or is it stock ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have found a site that gives the specifications on a 2000 Suzuki GSX-R 600. I'm sure this is all "stock" off the showroom. It says the Horsepower is
106.00 HP (77.4 kW)) @ 11800 RPM

·
Addicted to Track
1,474 Posts
I had mine dyno'd stock with a Dynojet unit where I work. It was 89.5 stock. Then with a pipe and jetted and bolt on Yosh Tri Oval it was 93.5.

I have heard of people using the crank HP value to make their bike sound more powerful. 106 at the crank sounds close to correct. Low 90s to High 90s (with modding) sounds correct at the wheel.

Remember though each dyno measures differently. Read this article... and search this site for more info on Correct measurements because Dynojet may inflate their values:

http://www.factorypro.com/dyno/true1.html

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
Mark sure does love to bash Dynojet,,it's his whole life project,,,yet the factory dyno's STILL haven't made the smallest ding in the Dynojet giant,,,LOL...i had to listen to him talk shit about his jet kits and dynos for years,,yet his company still never managed to get any where near rival Dynojet,,,WHY,,,,too bad too,,,cause he does seem like a very knowlegable guy,,,and he's very comited to his work,,,he might be further ahead today if he spent less time figuring out ways to trash Dynojet,,and more time on his buisness plan,,,to bad cause like i said,,,i still think he's good at his job,,

·
Premium Member
11,213 Posts
Mark sure does love to bash Dynojet,,it's his whole life project,,,yet the factory dyno's STILL haven't made the smallest ding in the Dynojet giant,,,LOL...i had to listen to him talk shit about his jet kits and dynos for years,,yet his company still never managed to get any where near rival Dynojet,,,WHY,,,,too bad too,,,cause he does seem like a very knowlegable guy,,,and he's very comited to his work,,,he might be further ahead today if he spent less time figuring out ways to trash Dynojet,,and more time on his buisness plan,,,to bad cause like i said,,,i still think he's good at his job,,

Omg......for the umpteenth time.........his name is Marc, not Mark. And he is where he wants to be....he never wanted to be Dynojet. He wanted to do it his way, and have the factory supersport teams running his kits, even if they didn't admit to it. He wanted to ride his mountain bike and fly his plane, and still make a superior product in most cases......and yes, he bashed DJ alot, but I drink that koolaid too.
Know what I mean Hoot?

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
i know he's a smart guy,,i never disputed that,,as far as factory supersport teams using his stuff in secret,,i heard thos estories from him too back in the day...LOL....unfortunately ,,,i was privy to the straight scoop from at least 2 factorie's teams,,,and have been there when Laurence Bolton the head guy of Dynojet development back then,,,during late night dyno sessions for factory teams bikes,,,and i' have to say,,,,they were definitely using Dynojet products,,,,might not have been regular Dynojet stuff but it was Still Dynojet products,,,man those were some fun days,,,and anybody who knows Lawrence will agree,,he WAS the GO TO guy for the top factory bikes,,during the carborated days and a bit during the begining of the FI days,,,too bad he decided to go start the performance diesel craze with his 1000 HP cummins Dodge diesels,,,the industry lost a great guy then,,,but he couldn't be the millionaire he his today if he stuck with motorcycles,,LOL...i think we can all agree,,our hobby is a great BIG Money Pit,,,

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
it's also good to hear MarC is doing well,,if he's happy with where he's at,,,that's all that should matter to a guy,,

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
as far as the original thread subject,,,a top line 97-2000 600 made about what???...100 hp maybe,,,if remember correctly,,,,they were the slowest of the bunch...but if you cheated they were pretty good,,,2001 was a welcome year for gsxr 600 guys,,,well,,a bit better anyways,,,

1 - 15 of 15 Posts