Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says I know it will work but would iit hurt my battery or charging system ? Thanks alot

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
I've had a 100/90W in mine for probably 5 years. The only issue it caused was to overheat the connection in that big yellow wiring harness that's under the left side ram air duct. Basically, it went bad and caused the headlights to not turn on at all at a very inconvinient time for me. I've hears several others have the problem too. Fortunately, it didn't damage any of the other connections in the harness. The simple fix is to bypass the harness for that wire using a larger connector. You don't have to do it immediately, it probably took a year for mine to fail, but I'd reccomend doing it soon.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can u explain how to do the bypass so I can do it now maybe draw a sketch in paint pls thanks alot

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
I just went to radio shack and got some crimp-on connectors. I cut the wire where it goes into the harness and used a connector in it's place. I don't remember which wire it is though, I'd have to check.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So cut it by the connector all theway to the main harness and rewire it with fatter one so it won't overheat ? Is that what u mean?

·
Premium Member
6,254 Posts
use a relay and wire it directly to the battery use the 12 volt signal going to the stock bulb as the trigger switch and u shud be fine but better yet dont waste ur time on it and just get some hids and u will be set

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
gsxrsixhundred00 said:
So cut it by the connector all theway to the main harness and rewire it with fatter one so it won't overheat ? Is that what u mean?
Yea, that's exactly what I did. 4 years later, and never another problem.

Although I do like the HID idea. With good projectors they can be amazing and not blind oncoming traffic at the same time. But I'm guessing that's a lot more expensive way to go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.