Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
GSX-R 600 K6 and GS 500F K8
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys!

Wanted to share my story with you. Hope I can help others with this idea.

So I tried soooo many aftermarket exhausts or just heard them on a K6/K7. Every exhaust system or muffler was loud for me. Also, I like the stock aesthetic look of the original muffler. In my opinion it is 10/10. I decided to get rid of the cat in the stock muffler system thing. It is an all-in one system not like on the K8. This system contains 2 inline pipes with 1-1 corners and before the gases leave the muffler they go into a "chamber" which is fitted with glass wool or something like that. Maybe ceramic wool I think.

I cut on the other side to be able to push out the honeycomb. After that I cleared the inside and welded back with MIG and copper wire. I sprayed zink on it to prevent corrosion. I didn't have black paint so I left is that way for now.

My bike specifications:
K6 600, -1 +2, no SET valve

Pros:
Deeper idle tone, a little more performance after 9-10k rpm, sometimes pops really good

Cons:
Still a heavy 6 kg muffler

Helmet Wood Automotive tire Headgear Art
Plant Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Grass
Automotive tire Rim Wood Circle Automotive wheel system

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
10,396 Posts
We rarely see pics of muffler internals here so yours are appreciated. Is the second pic looking down the inlet? I'd think that something in there was catalytic "stuff".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts