Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone upgraded the stock pads to the EBC HH.
Im thinking of the swap so I want to know your opinion.
GIXXER brakes, well the 03 1000, just dont seem to measure up to the newest stuff.

Ron Ayers is the cheapest I have found 37.08, anyone got them cheaper?

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Get um, u will not be dissapointed. They grab so much better that u will never want to ride a bike with anything less. While your at it, get some steal lines. Ur bike will stop so much quicker, and have so much more feel in the lever. Change your fluid too! Oh ya, and the HH's make such a sweet ziinging noise.

D

·
Registered
919 Posts
yeah - the EBC HH's arent bad (had em on my 04) - remember with the 03 u gotta buy 4 pads, not just 2!

The EBC HH's are what we call an 'initial bite' pad, not a 'progressive' pad = better for street, not as good for track. The Vesrah SRJL 17's are the best progressive pad around (i think the SRJL 16's are their initial bite pad, not sure) - but for the money, some EBC HH's are a great upgrade

also, +1 on the steel lines and fluid change!

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
yeah - the EBC HH's arent bad (had em on my 04) - remember with the 03 u gotta buy 4 pads, not just 2!

The EBC HH's are what we call an 'initial bite' pad, not a 'progressive' pad = better for street, not as good for track. The Vesrah SRJL 17's are the best progressive pad around (i think the SRJL 16's are their initial bite pad, not sure) - but for the money, some EBC HH's are a great upgrade

also, +1 on the steel lines and fluid change!
Great post. Many people coming from OTHER makes of bike think our brakes suck. No. the progressive pad is what comes from Suzuki. You have more modulation and can use a sall amount of brake for steering etc with no drama. An initial bite pad is sold only for feel in my books. Progressive works better (for me).

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I found the HH to be far too grabby once they got warm. I locked the front wheel up a couple times with just a light squeeze after getting them good and hot at Deal's Gap. This year with stock pads (and the K5) it was so much easier to make time using threshold braking than with HH pads.

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
The Vesrah SRJL 17's are the best progressive pad around (i think the SRJL 16's are their initial bite pad, not sure)
Vesrah SRJL-17 are a linear pad.

The SRJL-8's are the progressive pad.

The 17s are 99% more popular than the 8s

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have had the HH with Braided lines before and loved them.
I echo you on the Gap, they became very sticky after a "few" curves.

by Linear, you mean they have the constant grab throughout the pull?

I searced for the SRJL-17 pads and came up dry.
Where are you looking? I goto mostly use MARMO.com, parts411.com.

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
Vesrah SRJL are WAY overkill for street use. If you need them, what you also need it to get off the street and take it to the track.

Street and Comp has em, as does TrackSideRacerSupply.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts