Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Took my 2018 600 to the track about 2 weeks ago and it was great. Bike has just over 1000 miles on it. Bought it with 500 something so minimal seat time, bike is untouched besides the case savers and some lightech bling. Original tires, rubber brake lines, second oil change, its getting broken in.

Did two days and this bike handled excellent, stopped very well and overall performed beyond my expectations. Only gripes are the long throttle, no quick shifter, stock bt016 tires and that's about it. Ran it for about 10 sessions which were 15-20 minutes.

Looking forward to pirelli supercorsa, steel lines, and maybe a re gear in that order, but it was a hoot either way with no modzz. Also ran my buddies cbr 1000 with full akra GP for 1 session; that was fun haha. No aggressive lean angles on either, worried about the tires every turn but they ended up working out after getting hot.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Took my 2018 600 to the track about 2 weeks ago and it was great. Bike has just over 1000 miles on it. Bought it with 500 something so minimal seat time, bike is untouched besides the case savers and some lightech bling. Original tires, rubber brake lines, second oil change, its getting broken in.

Did two days and this bike handled excellent, stopped very well and overall performed beyond my expectations. Only gripes are the long throttle, no quick shifter, stock bt016 tires and that's about it. Ran it for about 10 sessions which were 15-20 minutes.

Looking forward to pirelli supercorsa, steel lines, and maybe a re gear in that order, but it was a hoot either way with no modzz. Also ran my buddies cbr 1000 with full akra GP for 1 session; that was fun haha. No aggressive lean angles on either, worried about the tires every turn but they ended up working out after getting hot. View attachment 572494 View attachment 572495
View attachment 572497 View attachment 572498
I noticed you went to nyst I'll be there next weekend for my first trackdays I'm doing the 3 day event I'm taking my cbr600 to the track but if I had a truck and a trailer I would totally take my Gixxer 1000

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I noticed you went to nyst I'll be there next weekend for my first trackdays I'm doing the 3 day event I'm taking my cbr600 to the track but if I had a truck and a trailer I would totally take my Gixxer 1000
Ohh so you're doing the Tony's track events Saturday to Monday? That's a good organization to start with - theres at least one guy on here who is a member but not sure if he is making the trip this weekend.

3 Days will be a brutal by Monday but you'll learn so much, just take your time and don't try to be fast, let it come naturally. Learn the lines, follow a good instructor for a few sessions and see how they enter and exit turns etc. Bombing down the strait doesn't make you fast and everyone riding knows that, but it is fun as hell..

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ohh so you're doing the Tony's track events Saturday to Monday? That's a good organization to start with - theres at least one guy on here who is a member but not sure if he is making the trip this weekend.

3 Days will be a brutal by Monday but you'll learn so much, just take your time and don't try to be fast, let it come naturally. Learn the lines, follow a good instructor for a few sessions and see how they enter and exit turns etc. Bombing down the strait doesn't make you fast and everyone riding knows that, but it is fun as hell..
Thanks for the advice I'm definitely going to focus on one thing at the time and I'm going to start with learning the lines.

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
I’m going to make it! 😀. And I’m sure that 600 will be more fun with new rubber! Then you will just pass me more. 😧

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A few more from 2 weeks ago, can't wait for the supercorsa tires to go on, be significantly lower with the race rubber and new airbag vest. Also noticed you can drop the stock clip ons a good 1.5" to get down more if you're a bigger guy,

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
A few more from 2 weeks ago, can't wait for the supercorsa tires to go on, be significantly lower with the race rubber and new airbag vest. Also noticed you can drop the stock clip ons a good 1.5" to get down more if you're a bigger guy,
NYST was a blast it rain half of the time but I still had tons of fun learn a bunch I signed up for 2 more days in September and I can't wait

1 - 9 of 9 Posts