Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my clutch lever has become really stiff to pull in on my '04 600. Like it requires some real muscle work just to pull the clutch in. I think something may have rusted since i had to ride home in hard rain like once or twice in the past two weeks? Anyways, i tried messing with the minor and major clutch adjustments but that just changes the lever play and not the actual clutch tightness. Every morning when i wake up my left hand and wrist are numb and killing me cause of the previous day's riding. Really not good to be straining my muscles and nerves like this tho, cause it even hurts now when i make a hard fist. Any of you guys have the same problem? Any info to how i can fix this would be appreciated....maybe its just something that needs to be lubed? Thanks guys!

·
PM me for Brotection
57,513 Posts
Hit the gym you wimp! : bitchslap:

Try riding a vintage bike, it will pump
you up.

On a more serious note, have you taken the cable off the engine side and tried it? I'd look there first. If the cable dosen't move smoothly with no load, lube it and if that dosen't work, replace it.

I've wound up riding my bike in hard rain almost every ride for the last few weeks, mine is OK so far.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Take off the clutch cable and spray WD40 in there. Soak it good. The cable should slide easily through the tubing. You might have to work it back and forth a lot, twint the cable aroind in there.

My old FZR had this same problem. The cable was so gunked up from dirt and nasty crap that it just got all jammed up in there. It took about 30 minutes to work it loose again, but after that, my forearm didnt cramp up anymore.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
On the lower LH side of the engine follow the clutch cable, there is a seal, pull it. Inside there is a set screw and nut, loosen it and back the screw out, and tighten the locking nut, your clutch is now readjusted correctly. Your clutch is engaging too much, that is why it has become stiff.

Scott

1 - 4 of 4 Posts