Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What method of warning stickers have you guys used on your bikes especially for the frame.

I've removed these things working on the 3rd bike now and for some reason I never seem to have good luck, I've tried a blow dryer but it only works to a certain extend then I end up with my fingernails peeling the rest off. So am I doing something wrong or what should I try different.

And the main concern is for the ones on the frame?!?!?!?!?!?!

Any help

·
Registered
313 Posts
goo-gone, hair dryer, CREDIT CARDS, i was catious about using a credit to remove decals b/c of scratching however its fine no scratches at all, but all three work really well together

·
Registered
8,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

I already got the one on left ram tube and tank off,

Still have to get the rt ram tube swinger and fram ones off : (

·
Registered
897 Posts
I took mine off the frame last night. Take a ride, for about 30 minutes or so. The frame gets pretty warm on the left side, and the stickers peeled right up!

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
I used a lot of swearing....... and then everything else.

·
Registered
413 Posts
i let the bike sit out in the sun for a few hours and then used a heat gun. it came off easy but soem spots the clear goo remained. Just rubbed it off with my fingers and that was it. i used a very very tiny small dab of gas on a rag in some spots

·
Registered
8,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hear you on that one cause thats how I felt

[quore]Why not just buy a set of new sliders and in a hopefully no need basis that you go down and use the ones you buy then you have the bolts and just use the xtra set of sliders
I'll give that a try for the frame and hopefully don't have to -
some more

·
Registered
27 Posts
Same here haha. It took me forever to get mine off, even using goo gone and a hair dryer. It seems like you have to heat it up just enough, but not too much otherwise the sticker just comes off in tiny pieces insead of one whole piece.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Try an automotive shop for some adhesive remover. I used this stuff to remove the badges on my S2000. It does no damage to the paint and leaves no residue behind. Other than that a heat gun and some cuss words work well too..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts