Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any suggestions on the easiest way to remove the GSX-R and the 1000 stickers on the K5. DAMN THEY ARE A BITCH

·
Registered
382 Posts
DAMN THEY ARE A BITCH
No doubt about that, just a hair dryer and alot of time/patience. Still a messy pain in the ass though. I used some Honda polish to clean up the gunk once they were off. Suppose you could use goo-gone too.

·
Registered
174 Posts
i used a hair dryer heat them up for 5-10 mins on hi then turn on low and slowly peel back blowing on the bottom side of the sticker mine came off real easy this way. then use wd-40 for any residue

·
Registered
382 Posts
i used a hair dryer heat them up for 5-10 mins on hi then turn on low and slowly peel back blowing on the bottom side of the sticker mine came off real easy this way. then use wd-40 for any residue
Follow the above carefully and you'll have no problems. I learned on my 2nd or 3rd sticker that it's much better to heat them up looonger, the longer you keep the heat on 'em the better/easier your life will be.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Sit it in the sun and then peel them off. I used a hairdryer to but the sun worked the best.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Dang, nice tip, the sun heats the most evenly anyways! I will try that next.

I've managed to have patience through 3 stickers so far, I have to walk away pissed off after each one because they flake apart on me when removing.

When you are removing the stickers, do you remove the clear film that covers the sticker and then tackle the sticker? Or does the clear membrane help with removal if left on?

·
Registered
139 Posts
try to keep the clear on as long as possible cause it does help to get them off easier...once you fuck up and tear the clear piece off (which you will) then spray it with goo gone and let set for a few minutes, add heat from blow dryer, use an old credit card or movie card to scrape them off....finish a nice bottle drink after every completed sticker....give yourself incentives

1 - 8 of 8 Posts