Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a link or know where to buy the spanner socket for the nuts on the sterring head? I'm doing a 750 fork swap to my 600 and dont want to cob things.I have the proper torque specs,but need the correct socket.
Thanks guys.

·
Here is your "R"
5,229 Posts
Its actually better to feel the bearing instead of doing a fixed torque amount. When you swap it all out lift the front end and turn the front end back and forth tilll it gives little drag but not to much.

·
Registered
3 Posts
SUZUKI DOES MAKE THE SOCKET YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. THE PART # IS IN THE SERVICE MANUAL. YOU LOCAL SUZUKI SHOP CAN GET IT FOR ABOUT 90 BUCKS BUT ONCE YOU SEE IT YOU COULD TAKE THE PIC AND DIMENSIONS FROM YOU BIKE AND GET ONE MADE FOR ALOT LET. AND DO TORQUE IT TO THE SPECIFIC TOURQUE BECAUSE IF YOU JUST TIGHTEN IT BY FELL YOU COULD GO TOO TIGHT OR NOT TIGHT ENOUGH. UNLESS YOU HAVE A CALIBRATED ARM AND I HAVENT SEEN ONE OF THOSE YET.

·
Registered
782 Posts
K&L Supply makes a nice unit, its adjustable to fit many differant bikes.
$ 60.00 if I remember right. Its designed for steering head bearing adjustment.
Check with your local dealer. If you cant find it, 'Ping' me and Ill get you the part number.
Regards~ Jim

·
Registered
53 Posts
im confused! i just bought a tasty nut stem nut for my 98 gixxer and didn't think it would be that big of a deal. do i need a special tool? i was just going to use the 32 mm socket that fit it. what is it supose to be torqued to?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.