Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my GSXR 750 K6 stolen but it was quickly recovered by the police. The steering lock was broken and the bike was dumped on the left side with fairings broken. Top triple clamp has a big crack through it. Also part of the clutch lever has broken off.

The bike powers up and lights work fine, and I can hear the fuel pump priming. The lights dim when I pull the clutch in and press the starter switch but there is no crank at all.

I can't see any wires ripped out. Is there anything in breaking the steering lock that would stop the bike cranking?

Any of ideas of where to start looking would be a massive help!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Steering lock is strictly a mechanical post that goes into your frame to stop handlebars from turning. It has no bearing on your bike starting.

Likely culprits here are weak battery (the lights dimming point to that) or your clutch safety switch is not engaging. These bikes won't start if they think the clutch is out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Steering lock is strictly a mechanical post that goes into your frame to stop handlebars from turning. It has no bearing on your bike starting.

Likely culprits here are weak battery (the lights dimming point to that) or your clutch safety switch is not engaging. These bikes won't start if they think the clutch is out.
Thanks for the advice! Will check this switch when I get the bike recovered home. Was too dark to see what was going on at night in the police compound.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
10,933 Posts
"The steering lock was broken and the bike was dumped on the left side with fairings broken. Top triple clamp has a big crack through it. Also part of the clutch lever has broken off."
We'd be more comfortable helping you if you provided some pics. If you had theft insurance, in addition to replacing the broken parts, you probably ought to look into getting the frame professionally checked to make sure that it isn't bent. The immobilizer is a tad complicated if the ignition switch was torn up by the crooks. But unless they just threw it into the back of a van, it sounds like they were able to ride it a bit. How I don't know unless you left the key in the lock or they had some rather advanced skills.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts