Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just switched up from a 600 to a 1000 and parted with my Matris damper in the process. I was looking at the Hyperpro's and other dampers as alternatives, has anyone tested the Hyperpro active damper, or do you have a product that you'd recommend? Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Registered
919 Posts
used to run a Hyperpro and a GPR on my cbr929 before i got my Scotts, its alright... for the money of a new damper (stock damper is pretty damn decent), i'd go with the ohlins (to maintain stock setup) or the trusty scotts (for easier adjustability when transitioning from freeway/cruisin to stunts/racing)

·
Premium Member
73,386 Posts
ohlins if you have the $$$. best one you can buy.

·
Premium Member
73,386 Posts
*********** for Woody 636 cos it came off her ZX6 when we traded it for a K5
2nd post i've seen you say this, and it still makes no sense.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Stock is "ok" but I already have a Scotts, used it and love it so it will be going on the new bike when the mount kit is available. Scotts said "couple weeks" but that's what everyone is saying about all the parts so we'll see...

·
loves oldgixxer and Anthony D
12,611 Posts
hahahahahhahahahahahhahahaha

seriously, wtf are you saying???

anyways, get yourself an Ohlins...if you need a great deal on one, pm me...I have a friend that sells em for cheap

·
Registered
125 Posts
I am fitting a *********** steering damper to Woody636's K5, we had it on her Kawasaki ZX636 and it works a treat, really nice quality. I just need the mounting bracket for the gixxer as it is a side mount as opposed to a tank top mount for the zx. I have an Ohlins for my K4 if you look at the post for Girlie on a K5 you can see her pics. Cheers

·
loves oldgixxer and Anthony D
12,611 Posts
I am fitting a *********** steering damper to Woody636's K5, we had it on her Kawasaki ZX636 and it works a treat, really nice quality. I just need the mounting bracket for the gixxer as it is a side mount as opposed to a tank top mount for the zx. I have an Ohlins for my K4 if you look at the post for Girlie on a K5 you can see her pics. Cheers
ok, now that makes sense

·
Premium Member
73,386 Posts
i have never heard of a wp damper referred to as a "***********" damper.

·
Registered
915 Posts
i had WP suspension on my dirtbike and i wish i could get it in the US on my GSXR 1000...i loved it

·
Registered
980 Posts
i have never heard of a wp damper referred to as a "***********" damper.
I see it over and over again. People wanting Ohlins shocks.
Ok they are good but don't believe you get the same super quality stuff that most race teams get. Look a bit further than the name and you find very very good products not to say better then the 'std' Ohlins products.

You should get to know them
Great stuff. Just like Wilbers.

WP Wilbers

Hyperpro, WP, Wilbers suspension are all Dutch companies from origin.

WP is run by the WSS Team and WSB Team Ten Kate. Maybe this rings a bell.

FYI

WP steering damper

Wilbers rear shock for my new GSXR1000 on it's way

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.