Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:punk

First round bye....Defense is still number 1 even if the offense is less than stellar.....

·
Premium Member
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We have 'em right where we want 'em now . We have the chance to bring the AFC to our house if we take care of the Titans next week. Offense was to step up and help the #1 defense for a change.

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
It was an ugly win, like most of Steelers wins... But a W is a W... Ravens beat themselves. Steelers wont be so lucky next sunday.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
I'm sorry but as a football fan I feel robbed. For starters we ALL know that ball was not controlled while breaking the plane of the goal line and even if it was close... there was no way there was indisputable video proof to over turn the call on the field which I feel was the right call. Watching all the replays after the fact confirmed what I originally felt and I'm really not sure what the officials saw.

All of that being said... as a football fan I feel hosed because I NEEDED to see the Steelers on the goal line on 4th down against that Raven's Defense on 4th down for the game. What an epic ending to such a strategic game that would have been. I would have loved to see that ending and feel as though the call was close enough that the officials should have let them decide it in the most balanced way possible.

I can't even imagine how Ravens fans feel. Sure that one play didn't lose the game because a good team can overcome bad officiating (even though it's much harder in the closing minutes of the game) it's still a slap in the face to have them give the game away like that. The Raven's defense played well enough that entire game that they earned the right to defend that game on the goal line with Ray Lewis and company putting it on the line.

Sorry Ravens. You got hosed. I like the Steelers too but I still would like the NFL to start getting these calls right.

·
Is Sexually Attracted To The Guys on GDC
21,544 Posts
although i don't think it was a TD....the next play would have been big ben plowing thourgh for a td the next play. As big as he is, he would have gotten in the next play anyway

·
Premium Member
11,621 Posts
I'm sorry but as a football fan I feel robbed. For starters we ALL know that ball was not controlled while breaking the plane of the goal line and even if it was close... there was no way there was indisputable video proof to over turn the call on the field which I feel was the right call. Watching all the replays after the fact confirmed what I originally felt and I'm really not sure what the officials saw.

All of that being said... as a football fan I feel hosed because I NEEDED to see the Steelers on the goal line on 4th down against that Raven's Defense on 4th down for the game. What an epic ending to such a strategic game that would have been. I would have loved to see that ending and feel as though the call was close enough that the officials should have let them decide it in the most balanced way possible.
Totally agree... but I'll still take the W:biggrin

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
actually ravens were favored by 3 points.......damn it sucks to not research before you post things
First off they were favored by 1 point secondly who's talking about what the odds makers are saying. Pittsburgh is a veteran superbowl team with a better record. Baltimore is a team that has a rookie qb and a team that actually lost to the dolphins a year ago, the 1-15 dolphins. Pittsburgh was/is the better team no matter what the odds makers say. But since you think that they are right maybe you can explain to me how it is that Florida is playing Oklahoma instead of Texas in the BCS. That was an odds thing too, The better team is the better team I don't even like the steelers but I could have picked them before the game

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
although i don't think it was a TD....the next play would have been big ben plowing thourgh for a td the next play. As big as he is, he would have gotten in the next play anyway
Then let us have that as fans. I mean, they call that not a touchdown there is no drama. The Steelers punch it in anyway on the next run and everyone is happy. Right? I still like the Raven's odds on the goal line against the run on one play for the win. Either way, the officials robbed us from what promised to be one of the best single plays of the season... regardless of the outcome.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts