Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wheres a good place to buy steelbraided or kevlar lines(brake).....which are better .......is it noticable

thanx

·
Registered
9,334 Posts

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
I got my Goodridge lines through a race-car supplier friend, I am talking with Mr. Gixxer about a group purchase posibility as they cost me just over $80 for the front kit, which is about $20 under retail

Personally I think they are great - especially when combined with some nice new racing fluid (which is also part of my conversation)....

heh heh

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
I run front Goodridge steel braided - clear covered, and Brembo RCF600-plus fluid and the "feel" is amazing, there is no spongyness, and the fluid will not overheat.

Looks trick too

[ 04-24-2002, 01:34 PM: Message edited by: fraggle ]

·
Registered
128 Posts
I was thinking of changing the line that goes frome one caliper to the other on the front. I was going to get a solid stainless line from the local autoparts store. I have seen this on some race bikes. I also saw a solid steel line on the rear!

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Originally posted by Jet:
I was thinking of changing the line that goes frome one caliper to the other on the front. I was going to get a solid stainless line from the local autoparts store. I have seen this on some race bikes. I also saw a solid steel line on the rear!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The best setup is goodridge allround. You lose the link between the capilers, you run twin lines from the lever which gives you more fluid, and apparently a better feel.

I am yet to out my rear line on, I am thinking of running a racing setup, with no master cylinder, just a pipe
like a race bike....

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
Just my 0.2..for SS lines..the Goodridge, or Fastlines are good..Motul RFG 600 fluid works good.
I have a full set of kevlar lines, frt. and rear, and while they work fine, I recomend, as others have..SS lines, with a clear plastic coating..

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hmm No master cylinder res! I'll have to look into it. Sound like a maintenence problem if you ride alot.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Originally posted by Jet:
Hmm No master cylinder res! I'll have to look into it. Sound like a maintenence problem if you ride alot.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">heh heh - I like the idea, but I am not sure I'll do it - I am looking at a wrecked 600 as a track bike - if I get it, then it will certainly have that mod

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Goodridge definitely makes some high quality braided lines...go with SS since all the fittings that come with the package are SS as well...I heard if you go with kevlar lines...all the fittings are aluminum...

no master cylinder?? wow....I wonder how the fluid is displaced....

·
Banned
16,404 Posts
i was checkin out some supersport bikes at the races, and they were running stock brake lines??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts