Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are the advantages of using this instead of the stock lines? i was thinking about ordering a set. thanks.

Chris

·
Registered
428 Posts
i believe the main advantage is the stock line expands when you apply the brakes,,,and the stainless gives better pressure to the calipers, cuz the line wont expand...
did that make sense?

G

·
yeah, better resistance to fade more feel and feedback, better durability and errr....they look cool?..

heheeh for street or track, used in conjunction with or without a new set of pads...they are definitly worth the money

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
they help out alot! the only part i dont like is it seemsed easier to do stoppies with stock lines verses steel lines but everyday riding steel is so much better

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the info guys. i figure if i haven't learned to do stoppies with the stock lines, it wouldnt' be any harder with the new lines. next purchase, BRAKE LINES!!! yippee

Chris

·
Banned
16,404 Posts
i have em on my bike, but have'nt noticed any diff., but i havent had to grab the brakes to save my life either...in ama supersport racing, they use the stock lines......

[ 07-15-2002, 08:53 PM: Message edited by: spongebob ]

·
Registered
645 Posts
Over all the steel lines are just better. However just keep your stock lines in a ziploc bag and that way you can resell your steel lines if you ever sell the bike. Main thing is that depending on the quality of the lines you buy.. keep the stock ones as back ups.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts