Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SRAD 600, low voltage at the battery. Second new regulator. Tested the stator, all legs pass the resistance test, one of 3 legs fails voltage output test. In the manual it says to only check voltage IF resistance test fails? I’ve condemned the stator, just wanting to reach out and see if anyone else has stumbled into one like this?? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
10,278 Posts
Did you check for a path to ground? Failed stators oftentimes have a discolored portion associated with a short. In the later manuals there's no "only check IF".

·
Premium Member
4,553 Posts
i just went through this with my 99 750 track-only bike. all three phases of the stator/generator must be within specs for ohms. 1-2, 1-3, 2-3, all should be around 0.24-0.36 ohms. connector to ground should be "open".

my issue was the rectifier/regulator. issue fixed.

this is when having the factory service manual helps. good luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i just went through this with my 99 750 track-only bike. all three phases of the stator/generator must be within specs for ohms. 1-2, 1-3, 2-3, all should be around 0.24-0.36 ohms. connector to ground should be "open".

my issue was the rectifier/regulator. issue fixed.

this is when having the factory service manual helps. good luck.
Ohms are good, no path to ground, one leg has low unregulated voltage output.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I threw a caltric in, I’ve had pretty good luck so far with their chinesium electrical stuff, but I would recommend Rick’s if there is one available. Now charging at 13.56v at 5k, low but in the acceptable range. It idles better enough to be noticeable.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i prefer original suzuki stuff made in japan. some friends have had bad experiences with chinese parts. buy used, but buy original suzuki.
You’re not wrong, oem electronics are far superior, but the kid is on a budget so the dice were rolled . Between the new regulator, stator, and cleaning up the connections it’s charging like it’s supposed to now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts