Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmm, nothing major (I hope), just checking in if anyone has just a slipon for thier mod and notices any stalling out when first starting up your k5? Mabey after a couple of days of not riding I go to warm her up and run for like 10 secs, blah. Start up again and runs fine. Mabey this is normal and owned 2 bikes before I purchased my k5 never really noticed it. Runs strong lke bull, just something I noticed. I'm sure it's not a big deal, just curious.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
I'll let you know once my slip-on gets in and I put it on.

BTW, fix your sig.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My stock bike does this..........

I just figured that Sukuzi didn't really tune the cold start very well. I am sure that everything is fine with the bike, it's just a tuning issue.

·
Super Moderator
17,429 Posts
Hmm, nothing major (I hope), just checking in if anyone has just a slipon for thier mod and notices any stalling out when first starting up your k5? Mabey after a couple of days of not riding I go to warm her up and run for like 10 secs, blah. Start up again and runs fine. Mabey this is normal and owned 2 bikes before I purchased my k5 never really noticed it. Runs strong lke bull, just something I noticed. I'm sure it's not a big deal, just curious.
Is there a Power Commander installed w/ the slip-on??

·
Registered
915 Posts
my bike does this since removing the set valve, seems as though my idle dropped a few rpms and it has trouble keeping itself alive. Try upping the idle speed 1-200 rpm

·
Bow down bitches, I'm in the BLUE GROUP
1,417 Posts
My 05 does this when cold..dealer said normal

·
Registered
235 Posts
Mine does it too. The bike is completely stock. for the first 300 or so mile, cold starts went fine, no stall, now, around 430 miles, it stalls on cold start 3 out of 5 times. It will fire up, run for about 4 seconds, then stall. restart goes fine. Hmmmm, not too worried though

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
Thinking about it now, a couple of times on cold starts it did sound like it was sputtering just a tad right after I started it like it was about to stall. When that would happen I would just blip the throttle once and that would clear it up.

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Re: starting up k5 with my yoshimura slip on, stalling warm

I've noticed the same thing ...
Mine has done the stall on start, and then the next start its fine. I have a Two Brothers slip on and a Power Commander. I think its due to the advancer not taking hold . Maybe I'll adjust mine. Its just an auto choke as I understand it. But I really don't thinks its much of a big deal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts