Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I recently purchased a K5 600 as my first bike, but wish i had more power. Dont get me wrong, its fast as hell in first and second, i wish i had more power for high speed roll ons. I routinely open the throttle all the way for everday riding. Im thinking of swapping my rear sproket for a larger one. How much does all this cost; sproket, chain, speedo healer? and will it help me at higher speeds (from like 70-100). I know it cuts down on top speed, but i dont care about that. 130 is all i need.

Thanks for your input.

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
You'll get over the "speed and acceleration euphoria" eventually. Learn to ride fast in corners instead - anyone can twist the throttle all the way with the bike upright...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Youre asking to get yourself or someone elese killed, you dont need to be going 130 for that long, enjoy the 0-60 speed and 100-25 in low speed turns on the track...the road is not the place for 130.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well thats my point, i dont care about top end. Ive only gone130 once, and im not doing that again. I just need some power for 70-100.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Yes, gearing will help with acceleration in all gears at all speeds. Go -1/+2 and it'll make a big difference.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Hey guys,
I recently purchased a K5 600 as my first bike, but wish i had more power. I routinely open the throttle all the way for everday riding. higher speeds (from like 70-100). 130 is all i need.
600r as first bike
routinely open throttle all the way for everyday riding
70-100
130 mpg

Did you read any of the stickies in this place? Man this is your first bike you need to chill out before you get youself killed or injur someone else... How much gear do you wear? Man PLEASE slow down!

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
What RPM's are you at on the high speed roll on's?????? If they're low that is your problem. I have never felt bored of my bike at high R's. It fucking rockets like the rest of them when you're above 10,000.

·
Cock Thumb, or Thumb Cock? You decide.
31,593 Posts
What RPM's are you at on the high speed roll on's?????? If they're low that is your problem. I have never felt bored of my bike at high R's. It fucking rockets like the rest of them when you're above 10,000.
you cant even expect the 750 to really wake up under 9k rpm.. yah the 1k may have some grunt around 7k, but when that fugger hits 10k its fucking warp speed

·
Cock Thumb, or Thumb Cock? You decide.
31,593 Posts
Since you're a straight line hero, get a busa or gixxer 1K. Anything else will always be slower.
thinking you shoulda got the bigger bike is the last thing on your mind coming into a corner waaayyyy tooo hot locking the rear praying the front doesnt tuck trying to keep it on line...

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Since you're a straight line hero, get a busa or gixxer 1K. Anything else will always be slower.
thinking you shoulda got the bigger bike is the last thing on your mind coming into a corner waaayyyy tooo hot locking the rear praying the front doesnt tuck trying to keep it on line...
and then "KABOOM!," reality check

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
great guys, im feeling the love

In an unrelated subject, how many teeth is stock on the rear sprocket for a 600, and how many links of chain?

·
Registered
9,633 Posts
I'd say go -3 up front and +20 in the back and a 12 oclock bar
That way your top speed will be 70 and you will be less likely to kill
I can sell you a real nice custom short can cheap

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
He should have expected that.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
don't even go down one in the front. just go up 1 or 2 in the rear. sounds like you do a lot of highway miles, and going -1/+2 will have you running crazy high revs all the time at 65+ mph (also KILLING your gas mileage, if you're worried about that.) Fall in with some guys who do twisties, and you'll open yourself to a whole new challenge and won't worry about that so much. Good luck. And try to take an MSF course so you get the chance to grow old and wise like some of the guys who are bashing you now...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts