Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ladies,

Okay, so I've been riding my bike up and down my street and then back and forth in my cul-de-sac for the last week now (give or take a few days) and so I'm wondering, how soon did you ladies venture out into the streets?

I kinda wanna try going down the road, out of my neighborhood, and onto a very busy road (2 lanes each direction) passed the school and golf club and 7-11 down to the Shell gas station, I figure I'll need gas soon...

Should I have my hubby follow me in his truck, or do you think it'll make me more nervous? Do you think I should go @ night or in the morning, or possibly during the day around 10am or so, when it's not so much volume (maybe, this isn't a fact)

I really wanna try it, but I don't wanna be a fool. I haven't fallen the last 2 days I've ridden, but I did stall out today @ a stop sign because I let off the clutch too soon... there was a car behind me @ the stop light and I panicked.

WHAT TO DO????:dunno

·
Registered
45 Posts
When I started I was scared to go on the main roads, thinking I would get run over. I stayed in the neighborhoods with my bike for about a week just to get the feel of it, how it would react ect. Just get used to it and you'll do fine.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Might be better during the day light to ride, and if it makes you more comfortable have your hubby follow you at a safe distance. MSF can't hurt but also might help to go with another rider to

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^ Better go back
For what? I'm riding... I JUST took the damn course last week. What is the point of me spending another $300.00?

Please, I just want SERIOUS responses people, not smart ass wise cracks that make absolutely no sense... I'm new to the forum, but I'm really not for the BS.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Have you husband follow you at a safe distance as was said above. If you can ride around in your neighborhood there is no reason why you can't get on that road, assuming it's not some super fast road with a bunch of maniacs!! I would go in the evening...you need to be super aware of the road though...you are used to your neighborhood roads (bumps, gravel, etc.) Be careful!! Time you start enjoying that bike!!

·
Banned
882 Posts
FYI - it wasn't a wise ass remark. If you are that nervous that you are asking advise of OTHER people if you should ride into public, you are not ready. The MSF also has an advanced class.. which may help you get more confidence;however, you have to ride your own bike there.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have you husband follow you at a safe distance as was said above. If you can ride around in your neighborhood there is no reason why you can't get on that road, assuming it's not some super fast road with a bunch of maniacs!! I would go in the evening...you need to be super aware of the road though...you are used to your neighborhood roads (bumps, gravel, etc.) Be careful!! Time you start enjoying that bike!!
BusaPhie213 Thank you... I appreciate the remark. I was wondering if the evening would be better, it seems to me that most people are home or heading in, and the road may be a little less congested..

FYI - it wasn't a wise ass remark. If you are that nervous that you are asking advise of OTHER people if you should ride into public, you are not ready. The MSF also has an advanced class.. which may help you get more confidence;however, you have to ride your own bike there.
PHPSTEVE - That's what the forum is for, right? To ask OTHER people their opinions??? I am not eligible to take the MSF advanced class, because I'm not advanced. You have to be riding at least a year... I was just wondering what the other LADIES thought about it, that's all. :shifty

·
Banned
882 Posts
Sorry.. didn't know guys advise meant shit to you. Welcome to the site but drop the F-ing attitude. Only you know when you are ready to ride.. isn't that hard. Glad you bought a GSXR noob.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry.. didn't know guys advise meant shit to you. Welcome to the site but drop the F-ing attitude. Only you know when you are ready to ride.. isn't that hard. Glad you bought a GSXR noob.
:flipoff
WHATEVER!!!!! If you re-read my post, I wasn't asking if I was ready to ride, I was asking when is the best time to ride out, in THEIR opinions. I know I'm ready to ride, just testing out the waters with this new site I've found... but I can see that some of the people here are NOT gonna make this site enjoyable...

(Goes off to find another forum...)

:wtf

·
Premium Member
11,621 Posts
WHATEVER!!!!! If you re-read my post, I wasn't asking if I was ready to ride, I was asking when is the best time to ride out, in THEIR opinions. I know I'm ready to ride, just testing out the waters with this new site I've found... but I can see that some of the people here are NOT gonna make this site enjoyable...

When is the best time to ride? Well whenever there is the least amount of traffic out, generally during the day or late at night, but really what time of day it is should have ZERO impact on if you should be riding your bike or not, or at least in the way you're asking

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
I would listen to Moto_Joe ... this is the GixxerGirls forum and Krikit96 is asking for advice on it and I don't think phpsteve is a girls name. If it is, carry on, but if it isn't ya might want to be careful!

The #1 sticky for this channel ...
I will start banning on sight...... guys

If you dont stay the fuck out.

The ONLY reason you should be in here, is to seek the advice of the females, on a female related topic........ what gear to buy your wife etc.

This is not a place for you to leg hump
This is a place for the females to get away from you fuckers.

Consider THIS your warning.

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
... that some of the people here are NOT gonna make this site enjoyable...

Don't run off!! I'm sure this will get straightened out. Best of luck to you on your new bike!

·
Premium Member
11,621 Posts
Don't run off!! I'm sure this will get straightened out. Best of luck to you on your new bike!
Yeah seriously.... some of the people on here may come across as edgy or whatever but I promise all our intentions are positive we just want to see people enjoy this sport as much as we do... while having all the necessary info to make informed decisions

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Yeah seriously.... some of the people on here may come across as edgy or whatever but I promise all our intentions are positive we just want to see people enjoy this sport as much as we do... while having all the necessary info to make informed decisions
+100000...I hated all these assholes my first few days but now I love these assholes :lmao

·
I’m a SEX addict and proud of it!
9,990 Posts
Re: Starting to get comfortable...Think I\'m ready?

I agree with almost everyone on here.. if u are scared u make urself more nervous and that will hurt you.... maybe get a smaller bike to ride in traffic til ur used to it... check and see if they offer a different course besides the MSF.. I can\'t remember the name but we have a course here where you take ur bike and learn on it... u just seem too nervous/scared to be in traffic yet... does ur bf/husband ride? Me personally, I had no problem riding in the streets when I started... but everyone is different... good luck.. and stay safe... make sure to wear ur gear.. :cheers

·
Banned
882 Posts
^ +1 .. that is what I said but was bitched at for.. in PA the MSF is free.. so if you wanted you could go back.. and the advanced course is useful too. And for the nervous part I mentioned too;however, because I'm a guy.. I am supposedly hear to "hump legs" ;however, I gave advise.. but again.. +1 to your comment.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts