Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have an 05 GSXR750 it is a Road warrior.. Thia bike has been though some shit. Anyways I was having an issue with it staying running. I would be riding and the dash lights would go out then bike would shut off. So we were thinking it was overheating and my fiance thought the thermostat radiator switch was bad. Me being impatient didnt want to wait for new one so he wired fan on toggle switch. Everything seem to run just fine. Then on way home from store same issue so i got stranded. Then the bike got stuck in florida for a month when i got her back you could put key in and everything came on but push starter button nothing. I took starter button apart it looks perfect so i got one on ebay for 26 bucks got starter relay. When it got here i put it in and it separated like it wasnt put together properly. But i could still touch both points with screwdriver and it would start. So i hooked up a push button to the relay. That seemed to work fine went for a ride... Same problem everything shut down after i stoped at store then bump started it got ot going on way home lights and Everything started to shut off. I could shake it and it would power back up enough to get home.today i go out and turn key nothing at all no power whatsoever. Charged battery still no power. I love this bike and hate to get rid of her. But i cant afford shop and frusterated. I could really use some help my fiance in jail and im super frusterated just want to go gor ride.

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
13,373 Posts
Obviously electrical. Start with the ignition switch. All the bike's power routes through the switch somehow (directly or by relay). What exactly are you shaking when things start to go out?

Also, the start button on the 05 is known to have an issue, so it sounds like you've got that sorted out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When everything shuts down i can just kinda shake tbe bike side to side and it will power back up. Sometimes no start at all. I guess i will replace the start switch it seemed to be fine. Not melted or anything. Is there a specific way to tell if the start button switch is good or bad

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
13,373 Posts
Sounds like you don't have any electrical troubleshooting skills. So I would recommend getting some help. If you have the skills, testing is very easy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a no spark issue on my 97 gsxr 750 tested coils and getting battery voltage but no spark need help ignition is sending 8.5 volts and everything I tested seems normal need help

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Did this thread just get hijacked??? Why not start your own thread Inked2face?
Back on topic:

When you shake the bike are you possibly knocking something around inside the handlebar switches? Like the run/stop switch maybe is bad. Take it apart and check that out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
2017Dave
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing