Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Crush, rock on and thanks so much dude!! I just did this fix and it works like magic!! It's my only ride, no car for me so this saved me rental fees and dealer hassles as they wanted to put in a new started solinoid ...problem solved and many $$$ :)

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Mine had a short about a year ago and my bike starts by pulling the clutch in. If i'm not careful and I pull the clutch in too far while driving it rides the starter but it happens every once in a blue moon like 1 out of a billion times. Its fun for me but I would never let anyone ride it. I don't even like bike shops riding it....its still a crazy way to start your bike.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Great write up! I'm trying to diagnose a problem that started suddenly and I have a question. If this is the problem is it possible for the bike still turn over but not start?

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Great write up! I'm trying to diagnose a problem that started suddenly and I have a question. If this is the problem is it possible for the bike still turn over but not start?
No. This would keep the bike from turning over all together.

Your problem is something else...start a new thread.

:cheers

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey thanks for the write up. This was exactly what was wrong with mine as well. You saved me time and money trying to fix this thing and a hell of a lot of frustration. Thanks!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey y'all, so as stated above, I too experienced the issue. I've already ordered the new switch (the plastic was so far melted there was no fixing it) but what I'm thinking here is what caused the issue in the first place? Will this happened immediately to my new switch or does it occur over a few years of service? I'm going to comb my wire looms and make sure I have no grounds or broken wires or messed up leads, but just curious as to what exactly caused this and how to avoid it if possible. Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi k5 1000 no headlights only noticed this the other day side lights work bike starts fine just unsure why it would be the right hand side switch?as mentioned in this post All fuses checked and fine ?

41 - 48 of 48 Posts