Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a harley/Suzuki shop around the corner from my house. I never buy anything from them becuase these guys act like assholes when ever I tell them what kind of bike I have. It seems if my bike is not a 2001 or 2002 model then they do not want my business. However needing something as small a carbon brushes for my beast. I did not see driving 20 minutes to the other place plus it was close to closing time.So I give these idiots a call to see if they had the parts I needed. After being put on hold for 10 minutes. The guy asked me if I need the negative or the positive set of brushes?listing two different prices. I looked the starter over I did not notice if they had been negative or positive. I never call unless I have my service manual open and the mfg part number ready. It just so happens the manual did not list a part number for this. But it list them as set of four. I asked the guy which one would be which. Staying true to the service expected by these fuck ups he "say we have a service department that get's paid to handle that" So I kindly asked him his name and told him that I fucked his mother last night and hung up on him. But never the less I did not get the answer I was looking for. Is there a negative and positive brush set and which one is which? It would be greatly appreciated if some could clear this up for me. My other shop had already closed or I would have just called them. Thanks in advance.

[ 05-22-2002, 11:16 PM: Message edited by: Chango1 ]

·
Registered
553 Posts
Are you changing the brushes in your starter motor because you felt like servicing the starter motor, or because it was acting up..?? If so, what starter problems were you having..??

Cheers....Dave.

·
3,476 Posts
Staying true to the service expected by these fuck ups he "say we have a service department that get's paid to handle that" So I kindly asked him his name and told him that I fucked his mother last night and hung up on him.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Ya know that saying "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned". They were wrong. Never fuck with a man and his machine!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My starter would turn only twice then it would just buzz. Then it would just buzz. poped the starter off and the brushes are toast just wires left! It was funny becuase I was just at a harley freind of mines house and he said that those guys act like that all of the time. In fact they have been doing business like that for years! He said they tried to charge him $50 for washer! he looked at his reciept as he was walking out and said it just sounded way to high. then the clerk said it ain't cheap. Yeah bikes ain't cheap" after telling him what to do with his $50 washers they would only give him a instore credit! With reciept and never having leave the store. He could not get his cash back. On top of all of that he was quoted only $20 of the phone. Well got to a better shop today it was confirmed I need two sets. can't do it this week just have to wait on the side lines one more week. Man it seems like forever. Thanks for the info guys and listening to my gripe about F and S harley/suzuki of Dayton Oh. Man they suck

·
Registered
553 Posts
Hey Chango1, let us know how the repair works for you. It sounds very similar to my symptoms, so I'm thinking my starter may need some looking at also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts