Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The Dreaded Midnight Taint Slapper
17,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'll be 38 in a few months and I have generally been pretty skinny but in the last couple years or so I went from 160 to 190. I was eating out a lot and not exercising much. Got the bug last week to start feeling better so I cut out fast food and soda, and basically anything with refined sugar. I've been eating plain oatmeal, brown rice, V8, heads of lettuce, black beans, various fruit, and grilling fish once or twice a week. And I've been doing this 7 miles loop around my town on my mountain bike everyday as fast as I can. Heart rate is getting to 150 or so. I've always drank a lot of water, so I'm just keeping up with that.

I'm 8 days in and I've lost 8 pounds, and I'll feel really good, and my gut is shrinking. Should have done this sooner...

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Cut the V8 .. Mostly not good for you due to large amount of sodium. Even in the low sodium version I'd still not good for you.

Add kale and spinach to your meals. Some of the very best leafy greens you can eat.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Good for you. Go for it. I'm 58 and rode my bike 3500 miles last year. Goal was 4000 but didn't have the time. I believe moderation is the key though. Too much too fast and you could burn out. Your diet looks good for fast weight reduction. To make it work long term, you need to enjoy your workouts. Mountain bikes are a chore to ride on the street. Yes you can get a workout but you'll probably grow tired of it. I used to commute to work on one. Good quality road bikes are amazing. I do 20, 30 and 50 mile rides on my road bikes and never get tired of it. My 2 cents.

·
17,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cut the V8 .. Mostly not good for you due to large amount of sodium. Even in the low sodium version I'd still not good for you.

Add kale and spinach to your meals. Some of the very best leafy greens you can eat.
Thanks. I am drinking the low sodium version but it still has a fair amount in it. I just like the taste. I guess v8 is my new guilty pleasure, :lol

I mainly drink water, but I need something else every now and again.

Suggestions on something else to drink besides water that is better for me than v8?

·
17,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good for you. Go for it. I'm 58 and rode my bike 3500 miles last year. Goal was 4000 but didn't have the time. I believe moderation is the key though. Too much too fast and you could burn out. Your diet looks good for fast weight reduction. To make it work long term, you need to enjoy your workouts. Mountain bikes are a chore to ride on the street. Yes you can get a workout but you'll probably grow tired of it. I used to commute to work on one. Good quality road bikes are amazing. I do 20, 30 and 50 mile rides on my road bikes and never get tired of it. My 2 cents.
Thanks for the input. :cheers

·
Banned
29,644 Posts
Not only refined sugars, but also cut out gluten, HFCS. Look for Nitrate free bacon. Look at the breads you are eating, and try to find the shit that isn't bleached. Even a lot of the "whole wheat" breads use bleached flour to some degree, it's a bitch. Also, if you can find it in your area, "raw milk" but remember, in FLA, you have to say "I'm giving this to my cat" :lol

·
Possibly infected with Ebola
3,216 Posts
Thanks. I am drinking the low sodium version but it still has a fair amount in it. I just like the taste. I guess v8 is my new guilty pleasure, :lol

Suggestions on something else to drink besides water that is better for me than v8?
Look into Naked Juices. They are delicious and pretty good for you compared to V8. My favorite is the green one. It looks funky but tastes great. I have one every morning with my breakfast and it gives me energy. I don't drink coffee :lol. It's got a good amount of sugar and carbs though. Just something to check out as it has alot of vitamins etc. It is just an option to replace v8.

ImageUploadedByMO Free1377221232.574741.jpg

ImageUploadedByMO Free1377221332.697850.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Banned
29,644 Posts

·
Possibly infected with Ebola
3,216 Posts

·
Banned
29,644 Posts
I used to drink Naked a lot myself, but I'd invariably get heartburn shortly after drinking the shit. Then I looked closer. :facepalm fuckin GMO's

·
Premium Member
957 Posts

If you have a blender/juicer .. Make your own.

I blend kale, spinach, broccoli and various fruit or no fruit at all with 10g/20g of protein powder for my after work out recovery drink. I myself use to drink the low sodium v8 stuff but couldn't handle the large amount of sodium.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
5 Participants
grtfast
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing