Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello , I have a 1989 GSXR 1100 K, and it has problems starting. The bike turns over no problem, but it will not start when cold without some Ether (quick start ) being sprayed into the carbs. The airbox has been replaced with individual K&N air filters on each carb. I only start the bike 1 or 2 times a month and it needs ether every time i initially start it . After it has been started and warmed up and i work on it, then try to start it up like 4 hrs later .. it starts no problem .. i'm just confused why it needs the ether to start after being left for a week or two .??? i always turn the fuel to the "On" position on the petcock. I dunno why this is going on ... any help would be greatly appreciated ... thx =)

·
Registered
108 Posts
clean the carb thoroughly and run some seafoam through it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello , I have a 1989 GSXR 1100 K, and it has problems starting. The bike turns over no problem, but it...
I also have an 1989 1100 gsxr. It sat for 11 years. I put in clean gas and a battery and it ran for a minute then I noticed fuel peeing on my leg so I shut it off and headed out to buy fuel hoses.

My 2 questions are this: what are the 3 positions on the petcock
fwd - reserve
Down- on
Rear- prime. ???

Also from the seated (facing forward) position, carbs1234, 1 being left and 4 being right which carb nipple should run back to the fuel cock #3

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
mark_E
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing