Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a used leather riding jacket but it wreaks of smoke! How can I remove the smoke smell from it? any ideas or solutions?

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Air it out and use Armor All on it. It makes it slippery, but it will def take the smell out.

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts
Wash it with soap detergent and water hose flush it real well and let the suit sit outside to dry

·
Registered
279 Posts
Buy a Keg Of Freeeeeebrezeeee and spary it for a month and the smell will be gone.

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
Buy a Keg Of Freeeeeebrezeeee and spary it for a month and the smell will be gone.
Not sure if you need that much...and the fabreeze should take the smell out much sooner..

Re using armorall....better to use saddle soap..

·
Registered
279 Posts
You should lend it to a fat chick...this way it will break in the leather more to be supple soft to the touch and it definatley will smell different.....j/k

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the odor is pretty much gone from the outside leather but is still present on the inside liner. And no, the liner is not removable. I have turned it inside out as much as possible to let that side air out now. Just is taking time...

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
the odor is pretty much gone from the outside leather but is still present on the inside liner. And no, the liner is not removable. I have turned it inside out as much as possible to let that side air out now. Just is taking time...
I'm not 100% positive about this, but I think you can take it to a place, that does alteration on leather, aand garments, and have them Deodereize it for ya...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts