Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my gixxer and was seeing that alot of people have stands. should i get them? what do you guys use em for? thanks

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
wow a non technical question, i can do this one

cleaning and maintenance,

especially a rear stand which is needed for getting the chain lubed up nice and cleaning/removing the rear wheel

front stand is usefull for removing/cleaning the front wheel as its a pain balancing the exhaust on blocks of wood like i do

those 'handy stands' on sale here somewhere sound pretty good, and my micron rear is ok.

also, it looks good propped up on the drive for the nieghbours to look at.

[ 11-09-2002, 01:49 AM: Message edited by: dan uk ]

G

·
click here for a good deal

and before anyone asks if im being paid for this the answer is NO! cos i seem to always chime in on the stands Q's

i just have the rear stand and am so veyr happy with what i get for what i paid....so am just passing on the
to those that ask

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
i use my stand for cleaning the bike, doing oil changes, other maintenance when you need to take fairing off, lubing/cleaning the chain and anything else you can think of
well worth the $$

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
i have the yello 'suzuki' stand (rear) and was able to 'bump' my bike off on two occassions.....luckily all i suffered was a few scrapes on the outside of the swinger....

i soonthereafter bought the 'pitbull' stand....it has a much more sturdy bas than the yello one, but requires just a little more technique to employ...(like 2 sec.s')

1 - 8 of 8 Posts