Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well winter is gonna be here in a few months and I'm starting to try and make sure I have eeverything I need to winterize and store the bike. I do need new stands though. Now my question is, when purchasing the stands I need to just buy the universal stands correct? It's not possilbe to spool the rear swing arm on my 86' gix right? I should just grab a set of universal stands? Please let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
If you don't have slots welded to your swing srm for the spools I would go with a LPUSA adjustable standard rear stand I have LPUSA race stand(I have spools) wile it isn't as nice as a PITBULL stand it also isn't as much money...
-Karl

·
Registered
21 Posts
You may want to consider a Pitbull stand. They offer a stand that will work with either spools or the non-spool swing arms. The top section of the stand unbolts and flips over to accomodate either set-up.

They are a bit more expensive
(new they are about $150). However, if in the future, you own a bike with spools you won't need another stand.

Just something to consider.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I have never seen a pitbull up close, so I cannot comment, but I have heard they are the best.

I will stick with my Hindle. It cost me $50CDN and I just put some spare rad hose on the swingarm support.

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
I have PitBulls for storage and a EasyRiser for working on them. The EasyRiser is so nice I do not know how I ever made do without it... Worth every penny
http://www.bike-lift.com/default.htm
Bones

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've got three stands, one lp, one unknown, and one pit bull. the pit bull is well worth the money. I've got 10 bikes in my garage, from an rs125, to an rd400, to a k bike, to the gsxr - fits them all beautifully and easily.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts