Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I have a 86 GSX-R 750 and am looking for a replacement intrument panel. I've seen some pics that shows an instrument panel exactly the shape of my original one but in stainless steel- this would be great as I could place my original instruments in it. Anyone know what year and model Gixxer this panel is off of so I can order one? Also, I want Sargent Cycle to re-upolster a seat for me but I don't want to send them my original seat just in case it's lost- anyone know a good place to get a used seat from? I've contacted several places by e-mail but they aren't to forthcoming with info. Thanks.

------------------

Youth and talent are no match for age and treachery!

[This message has been edited by Talisian (edited 03-09-2001).]

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Sharp Bike!!!!!

hey let me know if you find out about a stainless instument panel that sounds pretty cool. wondering if it would fit on mine. send a pic of the panel if you find one.

------------------
The Last of a Breed

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Pingel makes one that has an extra hole for an nos/air shift gauge. Check it out.

------------------
Fat Bastard's bike: '93 GSXR1100wp CDN version w/ thoroughly ridiculous # of mods :)

·
Banned
982 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Motomonster:
Hey dude, I have a seat from my 86 R1100 that I don't need anymore (I'm fitting a Ducati 916 solo on my R1100), that I'll sell you.. Make an offer.. It was originally red, but is dyed black , good shape , no cracks or anything in the seat pan...

E-mail < [email protected] >

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
"Joey-Red"
TWIN CYCLES
3 Bruckner blvd
Bronx,N.Y.10454
(718)292-TWIN

·
Banned
982 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Talisian:
Joey posted a pic of it in another part of this forum- here is the link to his picture of it. I already e-mailed him to find out what model it is off.
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1501652&a=11453032&p=40346170

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's stock on the 86' 1100,I just chrome plated it!

------------------
"Joey-Red"
TWIN CYCLES
3 Bruckner blvd
Bronx,N.Y.10454
(718)292-TWIN

·
Registered
257 Posts
I'm pretty sure the later model aircooled 1100s has a stainless dash cover (750s just had foam). Might just try a wrecker. Not sure what over differences there might be.

Matt

------------------

1 - 10 of 10 Posts