Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When are you supposed to change your brake lines?
I have a 97 GSXR600, so I'm probably due for mine.
Any recommendations on which brand to get?
Is it better to get the 2-line front kits or the original routing kit? Any benefits between the two?
Currently leaning towards Spiegler Brake Lines from kneedraggers.

On a sidenote, I went to my first trackday in ThunderHill and I was able to drag knee

·
Sexy Irish Man God
2,847 Posts
If you are starting track day definatly get them.

I am running Galfers on mine and they are nice. I really have not heard of any bad feedback on any SS brands before. Stick with the regular brands and you will be happy nevertheless.

It was so long ago when I got them I cannot remember exactly which kit I got off hand. I think I did get the full kit though.

Look at getting some racetech front springs at least too, they are cheap and a real real good investment.

Pimp tha sponsors also..... check out http://www.calsportbike.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi tell em Flesh sent you over.

·
Registered
310 Posts
if it was me i'd upgrade the whole brake system if you are going to race. lines and pads. i didnt put SS lines on but i did upgrade to hel's brake lines with the stock route. ie down to one caliper then a jumper to the other.

like fleshy said just stick to a name brand and just about anyone you buy will make you happy.

·
I <3 Item 9
3,837 Posts
I am running Galfers on mine and they are nice
ditto... they're great! I also have aftermarket pads and EBC rotors, so aside from a caliper upgrade I went as far as I could. THe stopping power is great, but at low speed it's a bit twitchy since it bites so sharp.... even so I'd reccomend it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.