Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whoa, that's way lean.

the stock main jets on these carbs are supposed to be 127.5's.....the dynojet jet kit (both stages 1 and 3 are in the same kit) for your bike comes with 120 and 124 mains for stage 1, and 155 and 160 mains for stage 3.

(dynojet uses a different numbering system for jets than mikuni or factory pro tuning, but still, any way you look at it, you're running too lean.)

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
So is it as simple as putting in 155 or 160 mains? You said 155 and 160 mains is there more than one main in each carb?
And what should the needle position be? I have K&N pod filters and a full Yosh race system. And will I see any performance gains after I do this? Any advice would be greatly appreicated. Thank's again O Mighty GIXXER GOD. Mike

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
assuming your bike has a (stage 1) jet kit already in it, yes, just put in the larger jets and the bike should run a LOT better. quick way to tell the presence of a jet kit is to look at the needles - if they have multiple 'notches' for clip positioning, then a jet kit was installed (the stock needles don't have multiple notches as they aren't really meant to be adjusted).

when i said that the kit came with both 155 and 160 main jets, i meant that they give you 4 of each size (there is only 1 main jet in each carb) to give you a bit of extra adjustability.

dynojet has an acrobat file of the jet kit installation instructions for your bike here:

http://www.thunderslide.com/suzuki/3135.004.pdf

the settings they recommend are just starting points....you can further adjust needle height, slide speed, pilot mixture, main jet size, etc. to whatever works best on your bike.

here's a very good guide to cv carb tuning:

http://www.factorypro.com/tech/carbtun.html

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Does anyone know the main jet size and needle position for a stage 3 jet kit on a 91 750? The bike has been running a bit lean since I picked it up last year. It has 126's now and a local mech says it shoud have 130's or 135's. just wanted some more info be for I change them.
Thank's Mike

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
After some futher inspection of the carb I found that it has no jet kit at all. That explains alot of things. So when I get to work tomarrow I,m ordering a Factory Config 30 kit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts