Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bikes been together for a while now.. its almost boring...

so.. I have an extra engine sitting around.. also a means of forced induction..

just need to glue it together.. :wacko

·
Registered
147 Posts
Sounds like a fun project... Hurry it up already!!! Also, what are the tubes on the wall in the first picture?

·
Premium Member
3,592 Posts
I believe there is room just behind the barrels, of course you may have to shave down the charger but thats OK..

they do make a supercharger kit for the busa, it would work for an SRAD since the engines are so similar, all you need is their drive apparatis, bolt that sucker down, fab a couple tubes to the ram air inlets and whallah!

a guy could do it but buying the Busa kit be way easier, not as much boost tho, imagine the pulley combos, mid pull? top end pull, linear pull

DOH!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,592 Posts
you made a home made carb balance thingymabob?

I have one too, same hose and joints, mines all square tho

funny, you using tranny fluid or?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I believe there is room just behind the barrels, of course you may have to shave down the charger but thats OK..

they do make a supercharger kit for the busa, it would work for an SRAD since the engines are so similar, all you need is their drive apparatis, bolt that sucker down, fab a couple tubes to the ram air inlets and whallah!

a guy could do it but buying the Busa kit be way easier, not as much boost tho, imagine the pulley combos, mid pull? top end pull, linear pull

DOH!!!!!!
no one really makes a positive displacement set up like this for bikes.. those are kinda different.. basically a turbo.. this is making boost off idle. 10 lbs or w/eits pretty much going where the stock air box is.. at least thats my hope.. i bought a spare frame today to help mock it up so..

and yeah trans fluid.

·
Premium Member
3,592 Posts
no, they make a genuine supercharger set up for the Busa, Zx14 and so forth, it runs off the crank end, they supply everything you need, so they make the cases that run the supercharger, gears or belts never seen one up close but I see they are crazy nice, no lag, real supercharger

·
Premium Member
3,592 Posts
but if you are referring to the type of supercharger I don't think they are roots like yours, more a fan blade style, compact centrifugal style..

this will work, maybe you can buy just the cases and gearing from them or jack their style, they eliminate the stock crank cover and supply their own, I am more familiar with the old ones of 10 years ago..

maybe you're referring to the fuel delivery, yea they do it turbo style so they can utilize the TB's and injectors, but yea you could weld up a manifold that this sits on and use it throttle body style so there is no air box, I think that's what you are going for eliminating the air box, sit this where the air box goes?

NEAT project!!!!

heres a lil look at the SC on the busa..

·
Premium Member
3,592 Posts
also, look what dood is up to, forget his name but he transplanted that gen2 busa engine into his SRAD with flatsides,

now he is going off the deep end, listen to this BAD ASS SRAD tho... sheesh

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah.. completely different design.. centrifugal chargers like that.. rotax's prochargers etc spin like turbos and need rpm to make boost.. they only reach max boost at redline.

this makes max boost at all times.. even at idle and is bled off via a bypass valve. a roots/eaton/charger

the only reason there's no 'lag' in those set ups is unlike a turbo there's no sudden pressure increase.. where in reality it has the most lag... but all setups can make the same power.

·
Premium Member
3,592 Posts
what was doods name the guy from Germany who owns that bike, remember he put the gen2 busa engine in the SRAD with flatsides, ran real good, that shower spray system is off the hook..

man whats his board name?

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
yes, two different people.
I'am the guy from the last video with the shower injection and the K1 fairings on my bike (see attachement)

But the guy with the hayabusa engine is Bjørnar Shred Eskedal.
I dont remember his username here, at the moment. But he is/was registered here, too.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,592 Posts
ah yes there you are, long time no see, great project that thing sounds mighty mean..

how difficult was it updating that front end? 04 1000?

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
ragekiller did the busa srad 600

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
7 Participants
TwistedMister
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing