Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a good forum for these bikes? because this one is definitely a dud or is the bike the problem? Perhaps the bike is just so unpopular that no one wants to talk about them to the level of other bikes? I find that hard to believe. My last GSXR was the 94 water cooled 750 and we had a great forum with knowledgeable guys and that was a heavy under-performing bike although it had classic looks. Sorry if this hurts anyone's feelings but most people active here are one post wonders and there are some pretty stupid questions and the few regulars just answer these questions (bless their hearts) but never really do more than that. Stupid questions are ok if you have real valuable discussions to balance that with, yet there is none. I've looked around the net and haven't seen anything promising, but I could be missing it. It seems there was more valuable content here awhile ago but then it stopped like all the participants suddenly moved on. Are there people lurking out there who know the answers to my questions or feel the same as I do? Is this just a model of bike squids buy? I understand this is an old bike but so is my 83 GS750ES but there's tons of great guys on the GSR who want to be more than just random owners of the bike. Does everybody really hate their Srad and only think about them when they get a "good deal" on a basket case and think they can do better than the previous owner? Let it fly guys, because you're not gonna hurt my feelings. I'm just tired of wasting my time on a forum like this and ready to move on myself.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Anyone have a good forum for these? I'm just tired of wasting my time on a forum like this and ready to move on myself.

LmFaO!!!!
:cry
I'm sure sorry this dating site isn't up to your standards.
Door is the same one your whiney ass came through...Bye?

·
Administrator
13,383 Posts
I’m not going to beg you to stay ... sadly forums everywhere have started to wind down.
People are now turning to FB

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m not going to beg you to stay ... sadly forums everywhere have started to wind down.
People are now turning to FB
That's exactly what I'm on about. Obviously I'm outa the loop and need to catch up with the rest of the world. I went for a long time without being on any forums and when I come back things are different. I figure something new is always popping up, I just had to find out where everyone went. Too bad it's Facebook, though. I hate the time I waste there as it is.

·
Premium Member
3,655 Posts
meh, FB blows, better off here for sure.. its just how it is, older bike, slow season.. bike riding in general is down not like it was before the recession anyways..

G . com is the #1 GSXR forum in the world, you wont find a more condensed volume of information anywhere, specially facebook where if you post a wheelie they take it down and put you in the corner for a few weeks to straighten you out..

pretty much all forums are slow, Hayabusa . org used to be extremely active, ghost town anymore.. lot of it has to do with the information already being shared and a quick google search pulls it up and there it is, no need to even join.. lot of factors, same models for the most not a lot of change.. fewer riders, bikes getting more expensive, they went from say a middle weight around $5-6k back in the early 2000's to what $12k today?

you could get a Hayabusa out the door under $10k in 1999, today they are around $16k.. big difference its a whole nuther pay grade, instead of having a $150 bike payment and $34 full coverage payment today its like a $295 bike payment and if you are young a $250 insurance payment..

too many crashes, deaths and stolen bikes, equals higher premiums.. its not like it used to be where even if you worked part time at Mcdonalds you could afford a 750, maybe even a 1000?

now you need to make $24 an hour unless you live at home or pay cheap rent, lot of folks had families and slowed down on riding a lot..

maybe some day it picks back up but bike and insurance is going to have to come down first.. it was a good run tho, 12 years or so... until wages go up that wont happen again.. it was the perfect storm..

·
Premium Member
3,655 Posts
I didn't get FB until like oh was it 2010 when my 2k5 1k got jacked? I saw a bike looked like mine no title in Idaho, rattled canned black dood was sketchy so I tried to contact him through FB after I found his name and fb site, he wouldn't friend me, I called 911 on him no contact back from them.. dood wouldn't meet me anywhere other than a parking lot after dark? oh and no keys to the bike..

I didn't use FB for like 6 years after that, the 2 years I did use it I found some old friends, visited a few but anytime I said what was on my mind they quickly banned me.. so I deleted the censorship farce bout 8 months ago... I'll never go back.. now I learn they got fined 5 million by the justice department for selling users personal data? huh?

they started pushing political agendas saying my talk against mooslums was hate speech, yet a mooslum could post a video beheading an american and that's all good? WTF? what country am I in again?

boycotted hollywood as well, no more, anyone note how they released tons of "race movies" while the whole race division was going strong? they are STILL releasing them, they released a native american one about a guy who could have went pro hockey based on a true story, it was so UNTRUE!

all in an effort to make native Americans look bad, really erks me.. as if they haven't taken enough form those people

now hollywood is changing the narrative altogether regarding an entire race who HATE Americans,

they are trying to label them as "Asians" ... huh?

oh yea, watch that movie about the mooslum kid who got into Bruce Springsteen, many times over the movie they called themselves, "Asians"

um sorry hollywood dipwhits but you don't call Americans; "North Americans" and you don't call sharia towing Arabs from the middle east "Asians" its a direct insult to real Asians!

UUHHGG, don't get me started..,

before farcebook we all spent time on the forums we related to, whatever we were into.. now its all lumped into one lame forum they sensor like mad and push agendas. then they try to have "groups" lol, the motorcycle groups are a JOKE on facebook, some tyrant will put you in a time out if you even say wheelie, or 160 mph... yish

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
I didn't get FB until like oh was it 2010 when my 2k5 1k got jacked? I saw a bike looked like mine no title in Idaho, rattled canned black dood was sketchy so I tried to contact him through FB after I found his name and fb site, he wouldn't friend me, I called 911 on him no contact back from them.. dood wouldn't meet me anywhere other than a parking lot after dark? oh and no keys to the bike..

I didn't use FB for like 6 years after that, the 2 years I did use it I found some old friends, visited a few but anytime I said what was on my mind they quickly banned me.. so I deleted the censorship farce bout 8 months ago... I'll never go back.. now I learn they got fined 5 million by the justice department for selling users personal data? huh?

they started pushing political agendas saying my talk against mooslums was hate speech, yet a mooslum could post a video beheading an american and that's all good? WTF? what country am I in again?

boycotted hollywood as well, no more, anyone note how they released tons of "race movies" while the whole race division was going strong? they are STILL releasing them, they released a native american one about a guy who could have went pro hockey based on a true story, it was so UNTRUE!

all in an effort to make native Americans look bad, really erks me.. as if they haven't taken enough form those people

now hollywood is changing the narrative altogether regarding an entire race who HATE Americans,

they are trying to label them as "Asians" ... huh?

oh yea, watch that movie about the mooslum kid who got into Bruce Springsteen, many times over the movie they called themselves, "Asians"

um sorry hollywood dipwhits but you don't call Americans; "North Americans" and you don't call sharia towing Arabs from the middle east "Asians" its a direct insult to real Asians!

UUHHGG, don't get me started..,

before farcebook we all spent time on the forums we related to, whatever we were into.. now its all lumped into one lame forum they sensor like mad and push agendas. then they try to have "groups" lol, the motorcycle groups are a JOKE on facebook, some tyrant will put you in a time out if you even say wheelie, or 160 mph... yish

and no wonder you kept getting banned

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Forum still looks active to me 😂.
Maybe they've been in the garage sanding and priming their gas tanks and splicing in wires to a butcher harness.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey man I got a 2000 srad 600 had an 01 1000 recently too. I come to find the same issues around with any srad I hear about. My weekend will be carbs and spark plugs. First time ever .. she's not the best but got a clean title with her lol o and keys

Attachments

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Hey man I got a 2000 srad 600 had an 01 1000 recently too. I come to find the same issues around with any srad I hear about. My weekend will be carbs and spark plugs. First time ever .. she's not the best but got a clean title with her lol o and keys

Welcome to the site. It would be best if you headed over to "the starting line" and posted an intro and drop for bike pix there . You just hijacked someone's post and won't get the warm welcome you deserve.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yea boy isn't that just a capital offense...
I've been on a forum where there was this eccentric guy who almost had his own language when he'd reply. It took a lot of patience to figure out what he was saying sometimes and his replies were looong, but that nut was so unbelievably brilliant, no one could knock it. Of course, that was back when people were generally more polite and not so worried about looking like a tough guy or making everyone laugh at someone else's expense.
(insert crying comments here \/ )

1 - 20 of 21 Posts