Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if your bike has its fairing stay, then you are lookin at the aluminum one. Mine's, stock (pretty sure) and when i unbolted it, i couldnt believe how freakin light it is!!! i cant see how they could make one lighter (unless its moreso hollow tubular aluminum).......you can always strip the paint and polish..........

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
i've seen two types, both polished aluminium. one is the same as the original H design used in racing and the other a Y design that slips onto the steering top nut to the top fairing mounts. saw them at Bike Torque Racing in uk. as the chap said though, there as light as buggery. the're £70 here.

like eSeMeS says though, i'd polish mine up cus the black finish is peeling on it anyway.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Good looking out guys. I was talking about the Y one, but I hadnt even thought about polishing mine. I am going to try that. That black paint just flakes off too easy.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Has anyone ever seen those aluminum fairing stay brackets? I saw one in a picture and I was wondering if they were any good and where they are from.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Ive just had to replace mine as I dropped the bike ever so lightly and the thing was bent badly. I would honestly steer clear of anything claimed to be lighter as even the stock one was pretty badly mashed up.

Polish up the stock one and youll not only have the best looking but the strongest, and when you feel one off the bike - god theyre so light you'd never notice any difference. I also found the welding was better on the Suzuki one even over the Harris version (which is only available in top yoke Y fitting if you wish to retain mirrors - who wouldnt for the road).

Im very tempted to polish mine but Im not sure what to use. Ive recently done my gas cap and it looks trick with clear coat on but Id need some sort of machine to do anything larger as it just takes too long and wears your thumbs off

Rgds

N|nj

1 - 8 of 8 Posts