Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

SRAD 600 Vs. LS1 Camaro

1K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Skyhighsami 
#1 ·
My friend has a ls1 camaro 6-speed and is claiming he would beat my bike. What do you guys think? form a roll? dig?

#2 ·
U should be able to roll him out, but from a good roll with a nice amount of distance, he might hawk you.

#4 ·
why youll pull twice as hard on him from a dig versus a roll. bike can accelerate way faster than cars can.

#6 ·
I was saying that your advantage is going to come in the first 1/4 mile or so. Beyond that, he's going to stalk you down. Your advantage might be from a roll of about 5 mph, or a dead stop, unless he's got BFG drag radials or something, but even still you'd have the advantage.

You don't want to race him from a roll of 45 to 100. Although you might even have him there? But give him some distance, and your ass might be toast?

#7 ·
i did a 427 ac cobra from a standing start..no problem
then i did a turbo boxer porche from 60 on..no problem..
and im only slightly faster than a 600..

#8 ·
i was able to smoke a new vette. granted, i'm on a 2000 750, and know nothing about the srad. but, yeah, you can easily get him down low, even a poopy launch you will catch up so fast.

#9 ·
the camaro, assuming its stock, would only run a mid to low 13 second quarter... my ws6 is putting 355 to the ground and im only getting 13.1 cuz of my lack of traction. the bike honestly should have 0 problem walking away from it, both top end and low end

#11 ·
it depends if the car is stock or not..... stock ls1s are high 12s stock with good drivers..... if he is stock you should take him from a dig pretty well if you can launch the bike hard... from a roll you'll struggle more since ls1s pull hard in 3rd gear at like 60mph...

my bike cant touch my car...but again...my car aint stock

#12 ·
I ran a 87 Buick Grand National that runs an 11.8 on a street tire on my old TLR and walked his ass. Only until the turbo really started pulling did he ever pull up. Now I have a Gixxer750 and there is no way in HELL he would stand a chance. The 750 pulls much harder in the higher rpms than the TLR did. With him having a 6spd you will get him, I had an auto 99Z28 that was modified and the best I ever got was a 1.89 60ft and a 12.9 and I had a pretty good bit done. With a 6spd he won't be able to leave hard. I bet this is some dumb ass that bought a fast car and thinks he is untouchable. Go forth and busteth that ASS!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.