Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled up my first intentional wheelie on my 750 today. Whhooo, too easy came up at like 6 or 7 in first using just the throttle technique around this board. Great not to have to use the clutch. I did it before off the line but only because the bike came up under its own power this is the first one where I was in control. I've done clutch ones on my old yamaha but i finally got my gixxy up. Will have to practice on the weekend now.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did it the way the wheelie 101 post says in riding tech on this forum. Rolled it aroudn 4-5 in first gear on straight road. Sat back a little cause I have the habit of riging on my hands rather than supporting with my back. Opened the throttle quickly as much as a I could and the bike just started to come up. I weigh 180 plus I had back pack and gear on so about 200 lbs. of weight and she came up like it was nothing. Dropped it down slowly though cause I had cars ahead and a leaky fork seal I have to replace. But its true, the bike comes up in 1st without even using the clutch.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Hey, ya gotta start somewhere!

Not quite as easy on my '98 Gix 600. A little sketchy when the clutch is involved since I'd be playing with a quick dump of high revs and I REALLY want to keep the rubber side down.

Maybe one day when I'm feeling lucky...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts